Windows 10: Update Windows 10 air gaped and keep settings.

Discus and support Update Windows 10 air gaped and keep settings. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 pro system on 1709 and I need to upgrade it to 1809. The system is air gaped (not connected to the internet at all). I have created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonySimpson1, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Update Windows 10 air gaped and keep settings.

I have a Windows 10 pro system on 1709 and I need to upgrade it to 1809. The system is air gaped (not connected to the internet at all). I have created an ISO of the 1809 build and can upgrade from it, but I'm worried about losing all my settings. I have settings made from group policies, and manually on specific files and folders that I don't want to lose or have to redo. So the question, is there a way to upgrade offline that will keep these settings? Thanks for any help.

:)

TonySimpson1, Feb 13, 2019
  2. MK_596 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Air Display Error

I have read numerous posts regarding the Air Display error preventing an upgrade to Windows 10, stemming from the Air Display app. On the website they fully disclose they are not 10 compatible.

So, removed the app, removed from device manager (must choose to display hidden) and still no luck. I understand there is a "list" that is run for compatibility and is updated only once per month or so, but the last time my list was updated was back in
    April! The list that I am referring to is the one that appears when you choose the 10 upgrade icon and it gives you the Air Display non-compatibility error, it refers to a list that apparently still has Air Display on it, which prevents the upgrade. Sooooo,
    any other suggestions from the warriors that have licked this problem?

Thanks!

MK_596, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Update Windows 10 air gaped and keep settings.

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Update Windows 10 air gaped and keep settings.

1. Update Windows 10 air gaped and keep settings. - Similar Threads - Update air gaped

2. Windows update in settings keeps loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update in settings keeps loading: Ive recently tried to install the xbox app for pc but when i did it gace me an error that windowsbupdate isnt running, so i wen in settings and pressed on windows update but it kept loading for hours. I tried using the troubleshooting too in the same settings tab but it said...
  3. Windows 10 on MacBook Air? (Bootcamp)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on MacBook Air? (Bootcamp): Thinking of getting MacBook Air but running Windows 10. Anyone have experience? Just want to know if there are any issues I just love the apple hardware and look but want to run WINDOWS OS for school submitted by /u/fresean [link] [comments]...
  4. bluetooth set up for air pods

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth set up for air pods: help with air pod Bluetooth connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-set-up-for-air-pods/e8971575-59fd-482a-b93b-f15c59e2e960
  5. Can't update windows 10 because the windows update settings keep closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update windows 10 because the windows update settings keep closing: Can't update windows 10 because the windows update settings keep closing. Any advice appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-because-the-windows-update/db58310e-da23-47ef-a940-a94621089263
  6. Air pods keep disconnecting while in use

Air pods keep disconnecting while in use: Hello, I have Windows 10 and Apple Air Pods. For months now, sometimes in the evening if I'm listening to music or watching something on my laptop, the Bluetooth disconnects from my Air pods. I've done research and found that Air Pods will automatically disconnect if...
  7. Problems in windows 10 with Adobe AIR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems in windows 10 with Adobe AIR: I installed an application (SportZone 1.5.1), which in order to work requires Adobe AIR software. With Windows 10 not working (SportZone 1.5.1 gets blue background and does not show the image)! I need help, to solve the problem! Has anyone had the same problem?...
  8. Windows on Macbook Air

Windows on Macbook Air: I installed & purchased Windows 10 Home on my 2018 MacBook air. Is there a way to use Touch ID to log into accounts or use as a security feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-on-macbook-air/05b688ee-73a2-4f38-adc9-21753ff19901
  9. Air pods and Windows 10 not connecting

Air pods and Windows 10 not connecting: Air pods paired but will not connect to Windows 10. Was working until last week. Did all the suggestions that are on the internet with services, updates, etc. Anyone have a solution?...
  10. Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air: Help! Since Telstra turned on the Telstra Air network, both my family laptops keep disconnecting from our home wifi & connect up to the Telstra Air signal coming from next door. We are NOT Telstra customers. I have “forgetten” the Telstra Air hotspot many times, it is not...