Windows 10: Update windows 10 without losing all my files?

Discus and support Update windows 10 without losing all my files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,My windows 10 is way out of date. i would like to update it, but it seems like this would delete all my files.Does anyone know of a way to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidFeng5, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Update windows 10 without losing all my files?

Hello,My windows 10 is way out of date. i would like to update it, but it seems like this would delete all my files.Does anyone know of a way to update windows 10 without destroying everything I have on this pc?Thanks

:)

DavidFeng5, Apr 5, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2022
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 5, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Update windows 10 without losing all my files?

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Update windows 10 without losing all my files?

1. Update windows 10 without losing all my files? - Similar Threads - Update without losing

2. Switch administrators without losing all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch administrators without losing all files: My mom has been using my old desktop and apparently all the files she had on. It was copying onto my gaming PC desktop. I need to find a way to remove myself as administrator without deleting all of her files. I already created an account for her and her account administrator...
  3. Switch administrators without losing all files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch administrators without losing all files: My mom has been using my old desktop and apparently all the files she had on. It was copying onto my gaming PC desktop. I need to find a way to remove myself as administrator without deleting all of her files. I already created an account for her and her account administrator...
  4. Switch administrators without losing all files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot Reinstall Windows 10 Without Losing All Personal Files and Applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Reinstall Windows 10 Without Losing All Personal Files and Applications: A few days ago, my Windows 10 2H22 operating system totally corrupted. Trust me, I checked everything. At this point, all my files and data and applications are intact on the drive, but I cannot boot into it because the operating system is so corrupted.However, I have a copy...
  6. Update windows 10 without losing all my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update windows 10 without losing all my files?: Hello,My windows 10 is way out of date. i would like to update it, but it seems like this would delete all my files.Does anyone know of a way to update windows 10 without destroying everything I have on this pc?Thanks...
  7. Update windows 10 without losing all my files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update windows 10 without losing all my files?: Hello,My windows 10 is way out of date. i would like to update it, but it seems like this would delete all my files.Does anyone know of a way to update windows 10 without destroying everything I have on this pc?Thanks...
  8. Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?: And is it possible without a usb? submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9a2ve/is_it_possible_to_reinstall_windows_10_without/
  9. How to activate windows 10 without losing all my data

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 without losing all my data: To make my subject more clear I have windows 10 not activated, however I still have around 300 gbs of files and games on my PC. All I want is be able to activate it and not loss all my data and files....
  10. return computer to original without losing windows 10 and all updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    return computer to original without losing windows 10 and all updates: delete all files but leave windows 10 in tact with all updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-computer-to-original-without-losing-windows/94e99051-f0ff-4b1c-85ff-1eec1d8bdc56