Windows 10: Update Windows Mail

Discus and support Update Windows Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had a Windows outlook account(not related to Office), but the stand alone mail account for a very long time, but it is an older version. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GracieP, Dec 4, 2018.

1. GracieP Win User

Update Windows Mail

I have had a Windows outlook account(not related to Office), but the stand alone mail account for a very long time, but it is an older version.

I also have on occasion used my Mail account using the Edge browser and notice that the version is different than my stand alone account. When I sign to outlook.live.com, the newer version is there.

How can I get the newer version of Windows 10 mail as my stand alone. I attempted to download the app from the Windows store, but it tells me the program is already installed. I hope my question is clear enough. Thanks.

:)

GracieP, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Update Windows Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 4, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update Windows Mail

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update Windows Mail :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Update Windows Mail

1. Update Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Update Mail

2. Mail and Calendar App crashes after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar App crashes after Windows update: Hi My office desk PC is set for auto updates - After a most recent windows 10 update - recently my mail and calendar apps went blank & fail to work - they attempt load for just a second and then crash & vanish - all other apps work fine - office 365 works also - I have...
  3. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  4. Account Update on e-mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Update on e-mails: I have received a number of e-mails purported to be from Microsoft saying an Account Update is necessary. It goes on to say 'E-mail requires update in services agreement, and privacy statement. If this is not done by (a specific date which constantly changes!) my e-mail...
  5. Outlook Mail Crashing on Windows Phone after Update

Outlook Mail Crashing on Windows Phone after Update: Hi, My Windows10 Lumia phone updated the Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar app to 16006.11001.20083.0 earlier today. It now crashes on opening. New mails are visible on the home screen so the accounts are synchronised, I just can't open the app....
  6. Mail and Calendar App in update loop

Mail and Calendar App in update loop: It seems as though this started a week ago. When I go to the store to update apps, Mail and Calendar starts to update but goes in a loop of download and then errors out with a 0x80246019. I have tried resetting the store, the troubleshooter and other suspects, but every day I...
  7. Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Oct 2018 windows update broke mail app - now what?: 1. Mail app works great. 2. You let windows update (October 2018) do its thing 3. Mail app now crashes on boot. Suggestions on how to get mail app to work again (without having to lose all my settings). Thanks, -Tom...
  8. Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Curious W10 Mail bug since 1809 Update: I have 4 different mail accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, Comcast, & Gmail) that I read in both Outlook 365 & W10 Mail. Although I usually read new messages in Outlook, I have W10 Mail configured to show a merged Inbox and then the Spam & Deleted Items folders for each account...
  9. Lost Mail after Oct. update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Mail after Oct. update.: Has anyone else lost Windows mail after the Oct. upgrade? When I click on mail icon in taskbar it advises nothing has arrived yet. There were over 60 in it before the upgrade and it does not load any new ones either. Any time the automatic updates arrive, some problem...
  10. locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro: Hi I recently installed windows 10 S on a Surface Pro and tried to upgrade to Windows Pro due to lots of issues with Windows 10 Suddenly I can no longer access emails via the Mail App - it has an error message say it is updating- It should be ready for use again...