Windows 10: Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files?

Discus and support Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a couple of Windows XP laptops that I want to clean out all the personal information and update to Windows 10. Do I need to update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KimberHar, Nov 19, 2020.

1. KimberHar Win User

Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files?

Hi, I have a couple of Windows XP laptops that I want to clean out all the personal information and update to Windows 10. Do I need to update to windows 7 to be able to update to windows 10? Can I directly update to windows 10 from XP. Are there any tutorials that will tell me how to do this. They will be gifts to family members who really need them however I still want to get all my info out of them.

Thank you

Kim

:)

KimberHar, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Update Windows XP to Windows 10 and delete all personal files? - Similar Threads - Update delete personal

2. Personal file is deleted or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal file is deleted or not: If i install any update from Microsoft catalog then is data is removed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-file-is-deleted-or-not/d55055cd-4afd-4a5f-a8b5-def568b6d4aa
  3. Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidental deletion of all personal files on WIN 10: Converted to Windows 10 recently. One issue from the conversion was creation of duplicate sets of files, including my all important DOCUMENTS file. Stupidly, I tried to delete one of them & this deleted both sets of files. The DOCUMENTS file both of them was too big for...
  4. Windows 10 update deleted all my files

Windows 10 update deleted all my files: Woke on the 16th to see a forced Windows 10 update had been pushed through on my desktop. All my settings, bookmarks, and most importantly - files and photographs - are gone. Tried restoring to a previous version from an auto back-up two days before the update took 8 hrs!...
  5. Windows have deleted all of my personal files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows have deleted all of my personal files: Just turned on my computer to find all my files gone what now? submitted by /u/69cole96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq8wju/windows_have_deleted_all_of_my_personal_files/
  6. windows 10 deleted all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 deleted all files: Have a brand new HP all in one, came with windows 10. After an update all files were wiped from computer. Restored all files from Carbonite but Microsoft Office required a reboot to access programs. Reboot again wiped all files from computer. After two years of this type...
  7. More reports of Windows 10 update deleting personal files

in Windows 10 News
    More reports of Windows 10 update deleting personal files: Last week, Microsoft pulled Windows 10 KB4524244 update after it was discovered that a small number of users suffered a catastrophic failure including boot issues. While that particular security patch has been removed, there’s another problematic update with even more issues....
  8. Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files

Windows 10 Update Deleted All My Files: Windows 10 updated and all my files are gone. I tried retrieving it from the windows.old file but it was empty. All my pictures were on my computer and now they are completely gone and this is ridiculous that an update my computer said it needed completely wiped my computer....
  9. The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...

The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads,...: The recent update of Windows 10 (Jan. 2019) deleted all my personal files, downloads, documents! How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-recent-update-of-windows-10-jan-2019-deleted/262ccb5a-e035-4453-90e9-6215c2504fe4
  10. Windows 10 update all files deleted

Windows 10 update all files deleted: Hi i just updated my laptop last night to the new windows update and was greated with a black screen after a restart. The only things on the screen was a picture of a hard drive and “no booteble device”. I need a way to get my files back and to some how get windows back so i...