Windows 10: Update Windows

Discus and support Update Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While trying to find Windows updates I got an error code 80244022 and messageUnknown error occurred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kursed Viking, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Update Windows

While trying to find Windows updates I got an error code 80244022 and messageUnknown error occurred

:)

Kursed Viking, Jan 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 15, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Update Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Update Windows

1. Update Windows - Similar Threads - Update

2. Windows 10 Security Update - downloading freezes....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Security Update - downloading freezes....: Hello, As I switch-on my laptop, I keep getting messages that "your device needs security updates" and when I try to down load the Security Updates, the system gets "hung-up" and freezes followed by the following Error Message: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows...
  3. Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update bricked my Windows Surface Go tablet.: I have had my Surface Go tablet for less than a year. In fact, I ordered it from Amazon on Mar. 20th of 2019 from a third party seller. Came in perfect condition with original packaging, I used it for work and recreational use for months. Bought keyboard and pen accessories....
  4. Windows 10 pro fails to install update !

Windows 10 pro fails to install update !: Hi CharlesKeisler ! Windows cannot install the update. It says, “Your version of Windows has reached end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements” . I don't understand what it means....
  5. Update last night "deleted" everything, please help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update last night "deleted" everything, please help...: PC updated last night, booted it up and everythign is gone kind of. I can tell everything is still on my storage drive because i don't have anny more space since before the update. But all my setting, my taskbar oins are gone. Steam says i dont have any games installed when i...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 1803 update to 1909

Windows 10 Pro 1803 update to 1909: Hi there, I took my laptop to my local computer shop last week for them to carry out an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10. Everything went ok and the laptop worked fine when I got it home but after a day or two I am getting a message on start up telling me that MS...
  7. DVD/CD-ROM unit doesn't work anymore after last W10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD-ROM unit doesn't work anymore after last W10 update: Hello after last updating for W10 today the dvd unit built in my pc doesn't work anymore! The message was: the device cannot be started. the configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged code 19. I tried to update the driver, disinstall and install it...
  8. 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4528760...

2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4528760...: when i first got this update it told me that there was a pending restart, but when i restarted it it said it couldnt update i have kept retrying, but now when installing it gets upto 20% then 100% and then givem me this message 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version...
  9. Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop

Yet another case of a windows update bricking a laptop: Hi, Basically, I updated windows 10 on Friday night, the laptop restarted automatically to install, and then got stuck in a constant loop trying to boot up with the words ‘attempting to recover installation’ and ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ appearing on the...
  10. Win10 Pro Updated to Enterprise and need to recover my Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro Updated to Enterprise and need to recover my Key: Hi... About a month ago, I built a PC: MSI X570; Ryzen 3800X; 32GB Corsair 3200Mhz RAM; RTX 2070 Super-8GB VRAM, 32GB RAM; SSD 970 EVO 500GB NvME; SSD 860 QVO 2TB; and installed win10 pro. No issues. Authenticated the Key. Issues of constant restarting appeared and got...