Windows 10: update with no J folder

Discus and support update with no J folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the last update all contents of "J" folder are missing. Black screens periodically occur. Any ideas how to restore the folders' contents?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MargyLang, Jun 26, 2020.

1. MargyLang Win User

update with no J folder

After the last update all contents of "J" folder are missing. Black screens periodically occur. Any ideas how to restore the folders' contents?

:)

MargyLang, Jun 26, 2020

2. Not all Hotmail Folders are Updated

MichaelSingapore, Jun 26, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    [Updated]AMD/ATi 2D Clock Guide

Ever since Catalyst 11.6, AMD has changed things around somewhat since the previous guide with the HD 5XXX series. Here's the updated guide on how to set your 2D clocks where you want them. Please let me know if anything can be made clearer in this guide. Enjoy!

[heading]Step 1[/heading]
    • Open AMD Vision Control Center (Advanced View).
    • Presets.
    • Add Preset.
    update with no J folder clocks1.jpg

[heading]Step 2[/heading]
    • Enter a profile name in the field.
    • Tick "Save" then close. Do not activate the profile yet.
    update with no J folder clocks2.jpg

[heading]Step 3[/heading]
    • Now you will need to make sure you can view hidden folders on your system by going to the Control
    Panel-->Folder Options-->View tab and select "Show hidden files, folders and drives." Close.

• Go to your "My Documents" folder and open the AppData folder. From there open the Local folder->ATi->ACE then right click the Profiles document (Not the folder yet) and tick edit.
    • Highlight everything and tick Copy. Close.
    • Now open the Profiles folder then right click and tick edit on the profile (that you named earlier). Delete the entries in there, then paste in what you copied just earlier.
    update with no J folder clocks3.jpg

update with no J folder clocks4.jpg

• From there you change the two values below. As I indicate in the picture I'm using CrossFire so I have two entries to change. Input the 2D clocks you want, then Save.
    • Save it then right click the CCC icon and activate your profile

update with no J folder clocks5.jpg

update with no J folder clocks6.jpg

erocker, Jun 26, 2020
  4. enso Win User

update with no J folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

update with no J folder

1. update with no J folder - Similar Threads - update folder

2. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  3. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  4. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  5. After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.

After an update all my files & folders are noww located on my desktop.: Using Windows 11.. I recently did a Windows update on my 4 month old Dell desktop and now ALL my files are located on my desktop. THEY ARE NOT SHORT CUTS.I called Dell.. BIG MISTAKE.. and they deleted them and had me reload from my backup. It happened again. Then I called...
  6. I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-make-new-folder-in-external-drive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  7. I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today

I'm not able make new folder in external drive ager update the windows 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-make-new-folder-in-external-drive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  8. i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-m-not-make-new-folder-in-external-derive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  9. i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today

i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today: i m not make new folder in external derive ager update the windws 11 today to how can clear the matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-m-not-make-new-folder-in-external-derive-ager/61e3caa5-cd59-42e4-b9f4-65a6b5f9cde0
  10. Will using ramdisk for temp folder cause a problem with Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will using ramdisk for temp folder cause a problem with Windows 10 update?: When doing a Windows 10 update to Windows 10 version 22H2, it gets to 30% of the update, then a reboot is done to complete the update. Dose this require that the temp files be saved until the update completes, in which case a ramdisk temp folder would be an issue since it...