Windows 10: Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing

Discus and support Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am installing updates on several Windows Server 2019 VMs. All servers hand while downloading "KB4538122: 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nathan Berry, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing

I am installing updates on several Windows Server 2019 VMs. All servers hand while downloading "KB4538122: 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64". All other updates complete downloading. None of the updates install as they are waiting for the hung download. What can I do?

:)

Nathan Berry, Feb 27, 2020

2. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Windows updates won't install!

I'll check that out.

I had read that. However the problem MS is addressing there is when the update client files of the pc don't recognise that the pc is not updated and hence don't download the updates. My updates download fine. In fact I'm even getting downloaded updates which I do not need (win2000, vista, server...) The problem is getting the correct updates installed...

For example, I'm getting KB933729 in my list. That's for Vista!

Black Panther, Feb 27, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing

1. Update won't complete download and is stopping other updates from installing - Similar Threads - Update won't complete

2. Windows 11 downloaded but won't complete installation stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 downloaded but won't complete installation stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG....: Verified that HP laptop is Windows 11 compatible. Windows 11 downloaded successfully but won't complete installation phase. Received stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. Laptop continuously tries to restart until eventually going to recovery screen. Only way to restart is by...
  3. Windows 11 downloaded but won't complete installation stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 downloaded but won't complete installation stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG....: Verified that HP laptop is Windows 11 compatible. Windows 11 downloaded successfully but won't complete installation phase. Received stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. Laptop continuously tries to restart until eventually going to recovery screen. Only way to restart is by...
  4. How to stop Cumulative Update Previews and any other updates from downloading Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Cumulative Update Previews and any other updates from downloading Windows 10...: In Windows 10, I have the automatic updates disabled in order to control what does and does not download to my computer. But it looks like MS has an inbuilt override of the user control which I need to remove.When I go to Windows Updates it says: Last checked for updates date...
  5. How to stop Cumulative Update Previews and any other updates from downloading Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Cumulative Update Previews and any other updates from downloading Windows 10...: In Windows 10, I have the automatic updates disabled in order to control what does and does not download to my computer. But it looks like MS has an inbuilt override of the user control which I need to remove.When I go to Windows Updates it says: Last checked for updates date...
  6. Stop an update from installing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop an update from installing: I have some software the is no longer supported but is needed in our work environment. When KB4569745 installs it messes up the system. It has something to do with .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.0 and when it installs it creates havoc with certain ports that the software needs to...
  7. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  8. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Support
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...
  9. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  10. Anniversary update won't complete...

Anniversary update won't complete...: I have a custom machine running 64-bit Win 10 Pro on an Asus P5Q Pro MB with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Quad processor. Each time I try to apply the anniversary update it goes through all of the downloads and then sometime during the update it quits with... "Something went...