Windows 10: Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet...

Discus and support Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet Explorer icon work any longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kittieeddy, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet...

Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet Explorer icon work any longer

:)

kittieeddy, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 11, 2019
  4. twiggs462 Win User

Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet...

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet...

1. Update yesterday and afterwards the start button does not work, nor does the Internet... - Similar Threads - Update yesterday afterwards

2. Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and shutdown does not shutdown, logs in afterward: I've had this happen to me a few times now and one of the more recent times caused a problem. I accept that Windows sometimes deems it absolutely necessary to install an update, and therefore replaces the typical "Shutdown" option with "Update and Shutdown", however I'm...
  3. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button does not work Type here to search does not work: I can not use the 'type here to search; and start Nothing comes up' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work-type-here-to-search/e5eb77aa-157a-49f1-ac51-a76d16b5d71f
  4. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button does not work Type here to search does not work: I can not use the 'type here to search; and start Nothing comes up' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work-type-here-to-search/e5eb77aa-157a-49f1-ac51-a76d16b5d71f
  5. Start button does not work Type here to search does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. The Start button does not work

in Cortana
    The Start button does not work: Buongiorno,Si è verificato un problema con il tasto Start su Windows server 2016 Citrix XenDesktop: dopo aver cliccato sul tasto “Start” il menu non veniva visualizzato.Abbiamo trovato una possibile soluzione a questo problema, eseguendo lo script PowerShell di seguito con...
  7. start button does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    start button does not work: Just bought a new HP AIO 22 R3 and all was fine until about an hour later. The start button quit. have read many solutions on the internet. I have a macrium backup of an image and also the file and folders. would doing a re install of windows 10 be a quick solution. I would...
  8. Windows 10 Start button does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start button does not work: Hello I was wondering if you could help me. my start button has suddenley stopped working.!!!! if was fine one day and then not the next!!!! . When i right click on it. it comes up with a task bar!!! but not the apps...... I have tried several solutions that i have...
  9. Start button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start button does not work: How do i fix a start button that has recently stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-does-not-work/8dc0b3d8-e7d4-4e53-8b79-e6df51370962
  10. Windows 10 Start Button does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Button does not work: Just started today. The start button and the Windows key do not respond. Would like to fix it or at least restore to an earlier date, but I can't get to the control panel. I've seen several references that the sound or video card needs to be reinstalled, but I can't get...