Windows 10: update

Discus and support update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there an update available for Movie Maker? I have Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0331), and I have become very dissatisfied with it. The program... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thomas Higgerson, Jun 13, 2019.

1. update

Is there an update available for Movie Maker? I have Version 2012 (Build 16.4.3528.0331), and I have become very dissatisfied with it. The program freezes and/or crashes with maddening regularity. Please point me to an update!

Sincerely,

Thomas Higgerson

:)

Thomas Higgerson, Jun 13, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 13, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 13, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

update

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

update

1. update - Similar Threads - update

2. Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode: Logon: instead of place to enter pin, have to tap on airplane, but no cursor; keeps changing from airplane mode to wifi, against my wishes; ditto English-switches to DVR?. Any suggestions? All of these are constant, time-consuming, irritating problems--especially when I've...
  3. here were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    here were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: here were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80071160...
  4. Ever since I updated to Windows 10 Beta, most screenshare applications fail to capture audio.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since I updated to Windows 10 Beta, most screenshare applications fail to capture audio.: Recently, I updated to Windows 10 21277.1000 to fix an issue with Alt + Tabbing that was cleared in beta. However, ever since then, my screenshare audio has not been working in many websites and applications. This includes Skype, Discord Canary, PTB, and Stable, Chrome, Edge,...
  5. Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop powered off during a Windows 10 update and now won't boot: Hi, Unfortunately my laptop installed with Windows 10 powered off during an update. When I turn on my laptop the screen backlight turns on but stays blank and nothing happens. I can go into the BIOS and also run tests on the Memory, Hardrive and other peripherals and...
  6. Help! Need help enabling automatic updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Need help enabling automatic updating: Hey yall! hope you can help. So i need to run automatic updates on windows 10 for a job I am applying to. There is a program to check my diagnostics for my computer and this a prerequisite. However, after going to my settings, it says there is a feature update for version...
  7. I have a problem with windows update

I have a problem with windows update: When I want to update the windows, it just shows this screen. I have recieved the latest updates I mean the little ones like microsoft office update, security update, and updates like that, But I don't recieve the bigger updates like the 2004 or the 20h2 and now some games...
  8. Only the letter c and m will work in browser or keyboard after latest update

Only the letter c and m will work in browser or keyboard after latest update: I’ve found that since the latest/greatest updates, I can no longer use my keyboard to log in nor type in anything that requires the use of the lower keys {z x v b n m; c is the only letter that is working}. I have checked to see if I needed to update the keyboard Drivers, but...
  9. Update Isn't Working

Update Isn't Working: I have a new Windows 10 computer. A few days ago it noted I needed an update. I did the "update and restart" option. It looked like it was starting--then the screen went blank. I briefly saw the Dell logo--then it went blank again, and stayed blank. I know some updates take a...
  10. Windows sticky notes will not minimize when clicking taskbar icon since update to 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sticky notes will not minimize when clicking taskbar icon since update to 1909: I have noticed this happens a lot when windows goes through updates. The sticky notes which I use quite a bit will not minimize when I click the icon on my taskbar. Normally you can click on the taskbar icon and it will minimize and restore the notes over top of whatever else...