Windows 10: update.

Discus and support update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; a month or more ago, I did the Windows 10 update and it wiped out access to all my files pictures etc. I couldn't open any Windows installed Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnitaRancourt, Aug 7, 2019.

1. update.

a month or more ago, I did the Windows 10 update and it wiped out access to all my files pictures etc. I couldn't open any Windows installed Microsoft word, excel, any of office. I couldn't access games. all I could do was access the internet. I couldn't reconnect my printer or any other device. I was about to throw the computer away and create a Windows 10 dart board when I finally discovered a go back to previous version option. I did it and magically everything was back as it was. So how can I confidently download an update and not have this happen again? If it means saving everything to a off the computer drive and reinstall fine but I literally couldn't get anything to work. Has this been fixed.

:)

AnitaRancourt, Aug 7, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 7, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 7, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

update.

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

update.

1. update. - Similar Threads - update

2. Why does Windows update remove applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows update remove applications?: Why does Windows update remove applications I use quite often so that I have to reinstall them? My Bible app that I use daily takes about an hour to reinstall everything on it. I also use a screen capture app ScreenHunter, often also. 139150
  3. tzumi wireless soundmates earbuds not syncing after latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    tzumi wireless soundmates earbuds not syncing after latest windows 10 update: i bought a pair of tzumi soundmate wireless earbuds about 4 months ago. when you turn them on they power up and then pair with one another. Well after the update they say that they are paired but sound only come out of one of them. I have tried everything even updating audio...
  4. Updates

Updates: I was supposed to attend class 3 hours ago but I am stuck with this ****. how can I get rid of this and not fail the semester? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates/e0d79844-b23b-4c8f-93b3-0b9e95f45860
  5. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  6. How can I undo an update, this last update is a trash fire and everything runs at slug speed

How can I undo an update, this last update is a trash fire and everything runs at slug speed: The last update in august 2019 make everything stutter...And for what ever lovely reason..it wont let me do a previous date restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-undo-an-update-this-last-update-is-a/16c995ce-1dc6-47be-990a-bed97d072df9
  7. Xbox One Preview Alpha and Skip Ahead 1910 Update 190822-1915 Aug. 24

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Preview Alpha and Skip Ahead 1910 Update 190822-1915 Aug. 24: [ATTACH] Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring will begin receiving the latest 1910 Xbox One system update (Build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_1910\18363.7117.190822-1915). DETAILS: OS version released:...
  8. After 1903 update, animations turned on

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1903 update, animations turned on: After the update, animations (like menus that slowly fade in and out) were all turned on. They had not been on before the update. I also noticed that my keyboard "repeat delay" and "repeat rate" were both set much slower than before, and moving the sliders all the way to Fast...
  9. desktop pc windows 10 home 1803 build 17134.523 problems and failed update

desktop pc windows 10 home 1803 build 17134.523 problems and failed update: Hello! On a desktop pc with windows 10 home 1803 build 17134.523 I have the following problems: - the settings menu does not open from the start button, the settings button does not work; - more seriously, it continuously tries and fails to update; I tried updating to...
  10. Updating Windows 10

Updating Windows 10: I have a Dell Laptop with 32 gig of Ram and an older version of Windows 10. I've deleted everything but the operating system, but still can't free up enough space to install Windows 10 updates. I do have a 32 gig micro card install. How can I update?...