Windows 10: Update

Discus and support Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If you have a computer running windows os and it is running slow or not working like you would like it to, one step that always helps me is a 2 part... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WeAreOneab, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Update

If you have a computer running windows os and it is running slow or not working like you would like it to, one step that always helps me is a 2 part troubleshooting step. Part 1 is simply turning it off and leaving it off for about 5 mins and then turn it back on. The second part of this step is to simply check for software updates. To check for software updates simply click the windows icon on bottom left of screen, then go to setting, and then click update (some might say update and security) and click check for updates. Those 2 steps usually help any computer running any windows os. Also cleaning up your disk space and throwing out unwanted or no longer needed items.

:)

WeAreOneab, Sep 18, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 18, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 18, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Update

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Update

1. Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  3. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  4. How to update outdate drivers and how to find them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update outdate drivers and how to find them?: Yeah, how do you find them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-outdate-drivers-and-how-to-find-them/2d10eeb5-e935-468e-937e-ea6436173138
  5. How to update outdate drivers and how to find them?

How to update outdate drivers and how to find them?: Yeah, how do you find them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-outdate-drivers-and-how-to-find-them/2d10eeb5-e935-468e-937e-ea6436173138
  6. Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.: After the latest Windows 11 insider update, there is no mouse cursor in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-latest-update-no-cursor-in-games/ae7994f7-b2ca-4e93-8463-728df451be6d
  7. Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.

Windows 11, latest update, no cursor in games.: After the latest Windows 11 insider update, there is no mouse cursor in games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-latest-update-no-cursor-in-games/ae7994f7-b2ca-4e93-8463-728df451be6d
  8. 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 is...: Hi, I have a brand new desktop that is having all kinds of issues with Windows 11 and the 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Programs are crashing, the File Explorer on the taskbar doesn't work and just refreshes my whole...
  9. 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 is...

2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 is...: Hi, I have a brand new desktop that is having all kinds of issues with Windows 11 and the 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. Programs are crashing, the File Explorer on the taskbar doesn't work and just refreshes my whole...
  10. Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Crashed During Update: Hi, I have a Lenovo M70 Laptop running Windows Insider Preview. During this week's System Update the laptop froze with a blank black screen, I could move the mouse but nothing else happened. I had to power down the Laptop. Now when I turn it on again I get the Windows Logo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb454133