Windows 10: Update1809 deleted everything

Discus and support Update1809 deleted everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer updated today and almost all desktop items disappeared, all bookmarks are now gone as well as all photos. Anyway to restore this easily? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ttokes, Feb 2, 2019.

1. ttokes Win User

Update1809 deleted everything

My computer updated today and almost all desktop items disappeared, all bookmarks are now gone as well as all photos. Anyway to restore this easily? I uninstalled update to no avail. I will admit I am a complete computer idiot . Anything that was on PC is now pretty much gone. I did buy a external drive but I just assumed everything went to it, nope. It does have a few things but not much. Can I move stuff from it back to PC. Sorry for silly questions just not good with these things. Thanks

:)

ttokes, Feb 2, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 2, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Update1809 deleted everything - Similar Threads - Update1809 deleted everything

2. Windows 11 deleted EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 deleted EVERYTHING: I just downloaded windows 11 a few days ago and it worked fine for a few hours until my laptop restarted and now everything is gone. all my files have been deleted, the taskbar is completely empty so i cant access any apps and my settings app has also been deleted so i cant...
  3. EVERYTHING DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EVERYTHING DELETED: i accidentally deleted everything from my onedrive and emptied the recycle bin thinking it wouldnt affect my actual files in my computer. Everything is gone now and i cant find the second stage recycle bin to get everything back. Pls assist...
  4. Update KB4591272 Deleted Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4591272 Deleted Everything: I took a short nap while working on school work and when I woke up laptop was in the middle of an update. After it was done everything was deleted. And I mean everything! It’s pretty much like I just turned this laptop on for the first time. Please tell there is something I...
  5. updates deletes everything

updates deletes everything: Hi I bought my laptop a year ago and every time I install updates I lose EVERYTHING in my DOCUMENTS and DOWNLOADS folders. This is starting to wreck my head! Can you explain to me how to STOP the stupid updates apart from ignoring the message that says 'windows needs to...
  6. MSWord deleting everything

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MSWord deleting everything: Highlight a word and click delete. The word is deleted. a pause then Word begins deleting everything and will not stop. Have tried a few suggestions but nothing seems to fix it. Does not do this often, maybe 5% of the time delete is attempted. Only does this in MSWord and not...
  7. Does delete "everything " ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does delete "everything " ?: I'm willing to reinstall windows and it is giving an option to delete everything. The confusion is here itself. Does it delete the c drive partition or deletes the hdd as a whole. Please reply ASAP. THANX. submitted by /u/RSC0106 [link] [comments]...
  8. everything was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everything was deleted: please help me, today i was on my laptop as normal and it was very laggy so i turned it on and off. but then when i logged back in my whole laptop was wiped and i've tried to get everything back but it wont let me as i have a “temporary profile” which i never had before,...
  9. Windows update deletes everything

Windows update deletes everything: Windows 10 is forcing an update every few days and each update results in the deletion of all my documents, pics, settings etc. Extremely aggravating. How can i resolve this? I have a software product to recover docs but what I really need is to stop the update process...
  10. Everything deleted after update, and it continues to delete everything today.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything deleted after update, and it continues to delete everything today.: After the Windows 10 update, everything I had saved to my desktop was gone as were all my settings. Restored files, opened Outlook, Quicken, MS Office, etc., again and recreated accounts, configurations, and files. Do a soft or hard reboot and everything is deleted again....