Windows 10: Updated and now my browser is Yahoo even though default is set to Google

Discus and support Updated and now my browser is Yahoo even though default is set to Google in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have just updated to the newest version of windows (16th August 2019). I use Google Chrome exclusively, although Google is set as my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RachaelDewhurst, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Updated and now my browser is Yahoo even though default is set to Google

Hi,

I have just updated to the newest version of windows (16th August 2019). I use Google Chrome exclusively, although Google is set as my default browser, every search is resulting in Yahoo. How do I stop this from happening? I do not want to be using Yahoo.

:)

RachaelDewhurst, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab

Chrome/Settings/Search Engine: Yahoo►'Remove from this List'

Updated and now my browser is Yahoo even though default is set to Google [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Updated and now my browser is Yahoo even though default is set to Google

Default browser settings

Hi Jodi,

Incorrect browser settings is one of the possible reason why you're getting a pop up message it is not set. Kindly follow these steps to set Firefox as your default browser:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • Scroll down and look for Web browser. In this case, the icon will say either Microsoft Edge or Choose your default browser.
    • Choose an app screen, select Firefox to set it as the default browser.
    • Close the windows to save your changes.
    • Then restart your PC.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Updated and now my browser is Yahoo even though default is set to Google

1. Updated and now my browser is Yahoo even though default is set to Google - Similar Threads - Updated browser Yahoo

2. Browsers not responding even though they are not on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers not responding even though they are not on: My laptop keeps on spamming me with Chrome and Explorer not responding pop up windows on Windows 7, but the browsers themselves are not on. I use Opera, but keep on being spammed by those two not responding. I haven't turned either for the past couple years and am confused....
  3. Browsers not responding even though they are not on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers not responding even though they are not on: My laptop keeps on spamming me with Chrome and Explorer not responding pop up windows on Windows 7, but the browsers themselves are not on. I use Opera, but keep on being spammed by those two not responding. I haven't turned either for the past couple years and am confused....
  4. Yahoo keeps showing up as my default browser even after resetting my settings, how do I get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo keeps showing up as my default browser even after resetting my settings, how do I get...: I've tried to get rid of it in various ways, however it keeps showing up and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be helpful, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-keeps-showing-up-as-my-default-browser-even/d83fa6d4-3001-4844-ba75-c823a13664f0
  5. Yahoo keeps showing up as my default browser even after resetting my settings, how do I get...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo keeps showing up as my default browser even after resetting my settings, how do I get...: I've tried to get rid of it in various ways, however it keeps showing up and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be helpful, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-keeps-showing-up-as-my-default-browser-even/d83fa6d4-3001-4844-ba75-c823a13664f0
  6. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  7. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  8. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  9. Can't set Google Chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set Google Chrome as default browser: Like the title says, I can't set Chrome as my browser. When I go to default apps, Chrome doesn't appear as an option under the browser category. It's also not in the Microsoft app store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still nothing. I've seen threads on this issue with...
  10. Gmail default on Google browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...