Windows 10: Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!

Discus and support Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had issue with my USB Via 3.0 not working so I upgraded the bios to the latest version which has fixed the problem... ( Windows was activated but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by spluff, Aug 2, 2015.

1. spluff Win User

Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!!

I had issue with my USB Via 3.0 not working so I upgraded the bios to the latest version which has fixed the problem... (

Windows was activated but now I am now having a problem with activation.......... Error code: 0xC004C003

What can I do?

:)

spluff, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Jakkukuz Win User

Stylus not working with Windows 10

I have the same exact Dell 7348. The active stylus that I bought was working on Win 8.1. After upgrading to Windows 10, the active stylus pen stopped working.

Have updated to the latest bios and drivers, etc. Still frustratingly not working.

Jakkukuz, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 activation stopped working after bios update

Installing Windows 8.1 again and repeating the whole process solved it, this is a horrible solution which is extremely time consuming.

Microsoft need to get their upgrades straight, how hard could it be to reset my given product key manually.

The product key that I was given (generated automatically during upgrade) before the update to my bios is identical to the one I have right now after repeating the whole process.

Definitely my worst experience with any software thus far, holding my breath for next major Windows update for a fix.

Olivier Alldiksson, Aug 2, 2015
  4. PRMan Win User

PRMan, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Maggelan Win User
    Microsoft didn't predict that some people like to keep these things up to date....

I can only make an assumption that the bios upgrade made the hardware # on the activation server think it was a new system.
    It's a rather stupid system tbh.

Maggelan, Aug 2, 2015
  6. spluff Win User
    I upgraded bios to fix windows 10 usb problem....

that at previous link was no help

i don't know what to do?

spluff, Aug 2, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    1. Why do I get the feeling that you have not contacted activation support by phone yet?

Just tell them what you've done, as you have done nothing wrong. I hope that their advice is not to re-install your old OS (7 SP1 or 8.1) and perform the Win 10 upgrade again. I presume that it's possible to activate 10 like the older OSes, with an activation code (not a license key) they'll provide.

bobkn, Aug 2, 2015
  8. spluff Win User

I'm using online chat is that ok?

spluff, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Geneo Win User
    Only if they help you, ;-)

Major pain. I often update my BIOS. Good luck.

Geneo, Aug 2, 2015
  10. spluff Win User
    Waste of time online chat couldn't help

spluff, Aug 2, 2015
  11. bobkn Win User
    What did they say?

bobkn, Aug 3, 2015
  12. spluff Win User
    he said he couldn't help I need to contact windows support - I then decided to phone and got someone in india who was as useful as a chocolate fire guard.... I have no idea what to do - its shocking I update bios to fix win10 problem and now I have no activated windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spluff, Aug 3, 2015
  13. spluff Win User

he said he couldn't help I need to contact windows support - I then decided to phone and got someone in india who was as useful as a chocolate fire guard.... I have no idea what to do - its shocking I update bios to fix win10 problem and now I have no activated windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spluff, Aug 3, 2015
  14. Looey Win User
    Do you have a backup image of the OS you upgraded from? If so, you can restore it and then update to Windows 10 again. I am not 100% sure of what Microsoft's servers will do but since your computer now looks different then maybe a 2nd update might work. It's worth a try, however the best solution is to get Microsoft support to help you activate it.

Looey, Aug 3, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Call them again, they should be able to help you. If the person you talk to is no help, ask to speak to a supervisor.
    Don't take no for an answer, it's their problem, make them fix it.

When talking to them, be nice, don't raise your voice but be persistent.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Updated bios - activations stopped working!!!!! - Similar Threads - Updated bios activations

2. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  3. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  4. Windows activation after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  5. Windows activation after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  6. Hyper-V stops working after bios update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V stops working after bios update: Before I ask the question, here's my hardware: Intel Core i7-9700k CPU @ 3.60GHZ overclocked to 4.6GHZ 32.0GB Ram 31.9 usable Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Windows 10 Home Insider Build#19628 Hyper-V was working fine until around a week ago when not only did it break vms, it...
  7. Activation issue after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issue after updating BIOS: Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006, but now, no matter what BIOS I boot from, Windows refuses to activate even though I've been using the exact same hardware in...
  8. BIOS and Activation

BIOS and Activation: Split from this thread. Hi, The product key is written permanently in the BIOS. So you should not need it. NeoSmart - OEM Product Key Tool https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/ ShowKeyPlus - Current key and If upgraded from Windows 7 or...
  9. Updating BIOS and activation

Updating BIOS and activation: Hello. A quick question. I purchased my Win10 license using the Windows Store. I don't even know the key. What would happen if I want to update my BIOS. What is the best way (and painless one) to proceed? Thanks. 52718
  10. Activation loss after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation loss after BIOS update: Halo thar. Nice to post again. I am a little concerned as I want to update my BIOS but I am seriously going to crap my pants (I'm old) if I lose activation on 10. After a health issue my ability to focus and or sit up for any long periods of time is limiting. Also I am a...