Windows 10: Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports

Discus and support Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I built my Intel i5 PC in 2010. The mobo is the Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 "Ultra Durable"... After recently upgrading to Windows 10, I attempted to upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Louisaz, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Louisaz Win User

Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports

I built my Intel i5 PC in 2010. The mobo is the Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 "Ultra Durable"... After recently upgrading to Windows 10, I attempted to upgrade my RAM from 4 to 8 GB. My mobo did not recognize the two available RAM slots. I decided (wrongly) to upgrade my 5+ year old BIOS. I foolishly used the Gigabyte program installed during the build to select the appropriate BIOS upgrade. BIG mistake. The BIOS had to be rolled back to the previous version but now I have 3 dead SATA connectors that cannot be used. My two internal HDs and my DVD/CD had to be moved to other SATA connectors. This mobo comes with a total of 8 SATA connectors. I am using 3 and 3 are dead. Yes, I can live with that -- HOWEVER, if the 3 dead connectors can be resurrected that is what I'd like to do. IF the dead connectors are not physically damaged, can they be repaired with a new driver or BIOS flash? I'm attaching a screen capture of my device manager details of the dead puppies. What is error code 10? Is part of the SATA controller damaged? All suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Louis
    Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports [​IMG]

:)

Louisaz, Nov 11, 2015
  2. J.DD Win User

Error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017, 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D and :Inaccessible Boot Device" after installing Windows 10 on SATA and RAID devices

That inaccessible boot device is related to the sata drivers.

It will also happen, if you have XP (if you had it on IDE mode), when you installed XP then changed to it AHCI in the BIOS after.

You'll get a 0x7b stop error, which means it cant find the hdd (which basically means inaccessible boot device)

What was it on in the BIOS, when you installed windows? RAID?AHCI?

The SATA ports on the mobo. Are the hdd's on the right ports?

Because I think some of the ports are Marvell sata ports.

Since, there are Marvell sata drivers on the ASUS site for this mobo

3. Motherboard driver issue

I am using windows 10 pro, My mobo is Gigabyte H61M-S2P. Unfortunately i have lost my mobo driver CD and i couldn't find any working driver in gigabyte site, my question is will windows 10 automatically download all the drivers of mobo( Bios, chipset,
    network etc) by itself. or should i use third party software. TIA

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Akibamarth, Nov 11, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

I see the yellow triangles on your screen shot. Have you tried updating the drivers from the driver tab?

JohnC, Nov 11, 2015
  5. Louisaz Win User
    John, I have not. I got into this mess attempting to update my BIOS. I assumed that Gigabyte and not Microsoft would have the updates for the SATA controller. But I'm no expert. If you think this will fix the problem, I will give it a shot.

Let me know and I'll do it tonight.

Thanks,

Louis

Louisaz, Nov 11, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    That is what the yellow triangles tell me that your drivers need updating. Click on the driver tab in your screen shot.(the ATA channel 0 properties). click on update driver and then do the other one. See if it works. It should take care of your problem.

JohnC, Nov 11, 2015
  7. Louisaz Win User
    I tried it. No such luck. It says I have the best driver for the device. Any other thoughts?
    Thanks...

Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports [​IMG]

Louisaz, Nov 11, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Download the latest chipset driver. Then delete any non working device in Device Manager. Run the setup of the chipset as Administrator. This will renew the relevant drivers so at next restart the controllers should be detected and working.

spapakons, Nov 11, 2015
  9. Louisaz Win User
    I've taken this bad boy to the computer repair shop in our community. The technician believes it a BIOS problem and will be installing the appropriate BIOS. I read him your reply. Thanks for your reply.

Louis

Louisaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports - Similar Threads - Updated Bios Gigabyte

2. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  3. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  4. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?: I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues like files corrupting or the hard drives/ssd not being read?I just want to put it to ports 1, 2, and 3...
  5. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?: I have set-up the Hard Drives and SSD and has files with it's volume letterWill removing the port and transferring it to 1, 2, and 3 have any issues like files corrupting or the hard drives/ssd not being read?I just want to put it to ports 1, 2, and 3...
  6. Putting the SATA cable in another SATA port on my MoBo will have no problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. sata power and sata 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sata power and sata 3: i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im looking for? Sata 3 2.5 inches. https://imgur.com/5DFguai...
  8. E - SATA Port

E - SATA Port: On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for? 158757
  9. Gigabyte gtx1050ti bios update fail

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gigabyte gtx1050ti bios update fail: Please help, I am trying to update bios for my gigabyte gtx 1050ti graphics and I got this msg (The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more...
  10. Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo

Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo: I have a DIY box with an Asus P5K-E mobo that provides SATA II ports. I upgraded to a pair of Samsung 850 EVO ssds and naturally got a great speed boost. Now I am getting greedy and thinking about doubling my gains with a SATA III controller card. I have been reading online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update sata ports on mb

2. bios update lost sata ports