Windows 10: Updated graphics drivers now windows 10 won’t log in

Discus and support Updated graphics drivers now windows 10 won’t log in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I updated my graphics drivers by selecting automatically search for drivers. The laptop then restarted itself and since then will not log back in. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlexCass, Apr 1, 2020.

1. AlexCass Win User

Updated graphics drivers now windows 10 won’t log in

I updated my graphics drivers by selecting automatically search for drivers. The laptop then restarted itself and since then will not log back in. I have tried starting the laptop in safe mode too. Whichever way I try, I get to the lock screen/date and time display and the mouse and keyboard don’t appear or work

:)

AlexCass, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

My radeon HD 8670m graphics card isn´t useable, after windows 10 update

Hi Cadwell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?

I suggest you to install the latest graphics drivers from AMD Drivers and Support
    and see if it works. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics.

If the drivers fail to install, the possible causes could be:

• Missing critical or recommended Windows Updates.
    • Graphics driver and software conflicts.
    • False positives blocked by anti-virus software.

Make sure, all the Windows Updates are installed and follow the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems and check if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Graphics Driver for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you update Graphic card drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.
    If the issue still persist follow method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website of your graphic card and check for any updated drivers available there. If so, try to install them and check if it fix the issue.

If no updated drivers available then try installing the available drivers in compatibility mode.

Refer the steps:

• Download the Drive from the manufacture’s website, Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to please get in touch with our
    Xbox Support team through below link to resolve the issue:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Our Xbox support team will assist you better in this regard.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Updated graphics drivers now windows 10 won’t log in

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Updated graphics drivers now windows 10 won’t log in

1. Updated graphics drivers now windows 10 won’t log in - Similar Threads - Updated graphics drivers

2. Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver: Im pretty sure i acidently unplugged my pc when it was mid windows update cause my wall outlets suck, When i turned it on, it said something about fixing my C drive, looked it up and found a way to bypass that, but now im unable to update my windows, every time i try it says...
  3. Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver: Im pretty sure i acidently unplugged my pc when it was mid windows update cause my wall outlets suck, When i turned it on, it said something about fixing my C drive, looked it up and found a way to bypass that, but now im unable to update my windows, every time i try it says...
  4. Unable to update windows 10 and graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Graphic Driver update freezes Windows 10

Graphic Driver update freezes Windows 10: I have this new core i3 PC with Foxconn H67MP motherboard. 2gb RAM.After a fresh install of windows, I try to install graphics driver and suddenly, the PC freezes with nothing working. When this happens, the only way to to turn it off is to unplug it from the power source....
  6. Graphics drivers won’t install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics drivers won’t install: So, I accidentally deleted my graphics card drivers NVIDIA card, so I downloaded the installer for the drivers. However, when I run the installer, It lets me choose my directory, then shows a progress bar saying “after files are copied, installation will continue”. When the...
  7. Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !

Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !: It is nightmare ! I have two NVIDIA graphics cards and work with 4 displays/monitors: 1. GeForce GTX 1060 2. GeForce 605 Unfortunately older GF 605 is not supported at letest Nvidia drivers, while 1060 is. So I just keep a bit older drivers, so both cards supported and...
  8. Elsword, Graphics Driver, and Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elsword, Graphics Driver, and Windows 10 Updates: I wanna ask tho since I had been troubleshooting for 4 months and no luck that Elsword keeps Crashing after 5 minutes in game, Which started in March 6, I don't think it relates to the game update tho since people beside me don't have such problems, and also I only have to...
  9. Updating graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating graphics driver: How do I update Windows 10 graphics driver from 23.21.13.9125 to 24.21.13.9924? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-graphics-driver/19329e05-e070-446c-aec2-b3823b5fd277
  10. Intel’s November Graphics driver update is now available for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Intel’s November Graphics driver update is now available for Windows 10: Intel today released a new graphics driver update that brings it to version 25.20.100.6373. The new driver update is available for users who are having the sixth, seventh and eighth generation of Intel processors. The update is also available for Windows 10 users with Intel...