Windows 10: Updated laptop keeps lagging

Discus and support Updated laptop keeps lagging in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and recently updated to Windows 10 version 1809. However, when I did so, my cursor started freezing every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RianneMcCuaig, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Updated laptop keeps lagging

I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and recently updated to Windows 10 version 1809. However, when I did so, my cursor started freezing every time I moved it. After some testing, I've found that the entire system encounters a lag spike when I do so. And while moving the cursor is the primary cause, I have also encountered it while just using my keyboard.

To be honest, I've tried updating before and have encountered this problem every single time. It is getting to be quite frustrating, especially since I don't know the cause. I thought it might be the RAM, but the memory is pretty low, only around 35% when I have don't have any apps running, and only getting to higher amounts used (around 70%) when gaming - and even that is only temporary.

Any advice that could help with this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RianneMcCuaig, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 23, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 23, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Updated laptop keeps lagging

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updated laptop keeps lagging :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Updated laptop keeps lagging

1. Updated laptop keeps lagging - Similar Threads - Updated laptop keeps

2. lagging laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lagging laptop: it was really lagging laptop gaming,On 2022/5/3 i bought the new asus gaming laptop the spec is much better and any games has over 200fps+ it was so great,After 1 year "2023/10/7" my gaming laptop became boring and lagging,many problems, got fortnite hardware id ban for no...
  3. Lagging Laptop Yet Again, Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging Laptop Yet Again, Update: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-laptop-during-install-yet-again-of/1fdb1f79-d90d-4d8c-a293-4490f30388acThat was the original post, I created. Microsoft have closed it without even acknowledging it, no answers. Thanks a bunch Microsoft.Today, I...
  4. Lagging Laptop Yet Again, Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging Laptop Yet Again, Update: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-laptop-during-install-yet-again-of/1fdb1f79-d90d-4d8c-a293-4490f30388acThat was the original post, I created. Microsoft have closed it without even acknowledging it, no answers. Thanks a bunch Microsoft.Today, I...
  5. Lagging Laptop Yet Again, Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Laptop Lag

Laptop Lag: when ever i open something animated or a game then my laptop starts laggingnot even performs smooth for a second but everything works like s slide show and when opening something it opens half for first 2 seconds then full in typing it types "hello" for first 2 second it...
  7. My laptop keeps lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps lagging: [ATTACH] My cpu usage by the system becomes really high like every 10-15 second and it starts to lag. The screen just freezes. My audio is fine and i can move the mouse but the screen remains frozen for about 5-10 seconds Its always the "System" that takes up a lot of...
  8. Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update

Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update: Hello, I don't usually ask questions online as I have a bit of tech experience but I'm stumped with an issue I have with my laptop. After installing an update on Windows 10, my laptop has had several issues such as lagging, unusual CPU/RAM/DISK usage, windows 10 gui...
  9. lagging laptop

lagging laptop: my laptop is lagging, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-laptop/bd83d33d-440b-4aab-825b-68c750dd9e1d
  10. Windows 10 update but it keeps on lagging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update but it keeps on lagging: I updated my laptop from a windows 7 to windows 10 and it is so lag that it takes almost 20 minutes for it to start up and sometimes the screen freezes for almost 5 minutes. What can I do so it won't lag anymore?...