Windows 10: Updated last night and now the Windows logo and search bar on the bottom are dead

Discus and support Updated last night and now the Windows logo and search bar on the bottom are dead in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night as I was shutting down I saw there were updates so I selected "update and shutdown" This morning everything started up as usual, but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianCaldwell5, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Updated last night and now the Windows logo and search bar on the bottom are dead

Last night as I was shutting down I saw there were updates so I selected "update and shutdown" This morning everything started up as usual, but then noticed the Windows logo and search bar were unresponsive. The File Explorer is also quite laggy a few minutes to open. The browser shortcuts work just fine though.

Updated last night and now the Windows logo and search bar on the bottom are dead 9712c1bc-6055-4045-aded-2aa36480d7af?upload=true.png

:)

BrianCaldwell5, Dec 10, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Updated last night and now the Windows logo and search bar on the bottom are dead

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Updated last night and now the Windows logo and search bar on the bottom are dead

1. Updated last night and now the Windows logo and search bar on the bottom are dead - Similar Threads - Updated last night

2. Company logo on search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Company logo on search bar.: I am signed into teams on my personal computer and my company logo is plastered all over my search bar and in the home menu, how do I remove this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/company-logo-on-search-bar/cd40fd6e-dc2e-47eb-b0b8-ce56103f6264
  3. Company logo on search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Company logo on search bar.: I am signed into teams on my personal computer and my company logo is plastered all over my search bar and in the home menu, how do I remove this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/company-logo-on-search-bar/cd40fd6e-dc2e-47eb-b0b8-ce56103f6264
  4. Company logo on search bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows UpDate From Last Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UpDate From Last Night: This thing is hung up. It reboots and I can get to the basic screen, but about half my icons don't render. Also, on the toolbar, my icons aren't there. The Windows icon in the bottom left corner is black and white and when you hover the mouse over it, you get the blue circle...
  6. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  7. Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop: Hi, I have an HP with Windows 7 updated to Windows 10. All has been fine with the computer until i finally did Windows Update last night. That took so long I kept computer and went to bed. This morning I wake up to a computer not opening showing the picture below....
  8. Windows update last night - laptop not working now

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update last night - laptop not working now: Hi.. So, my lenovo Z51 was working perfectly, however last night Windows updated and today.. It's not working. When I turn on the laptop the first error pops up just before I type in my login details. Ctfmon.exe - sucess Unknown hard error I then click OK and it says...
  9. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051
  10. Search window does not appear after last night's update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search window does not appear after last night's update: Hi Not long time ago I upgraded to build 1607. Search window was working as expected. This morning I noticed that my computer was restarted without any previous notice and apparently there were some updates. One of them failed to be installed so I re-installed it. Even...