Windows 10: UPDATED: Latest UEFI Signing Requirements from Microsoft

Discus and support UPDATED: Latest UEFI Signing Requirements from Microsoft in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; UEFI signing is a service provided by the Windows Hardware Dev Center dashboard by which developers submit UEFI firmware binaries targeted to x86,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

UPDATED: Latest UEFI Signing Requirements from Microsoft

For questions about the UEFI Signing process, contact [email protected]

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...s/ba-p/1062916

:)

Brink, Dec 12, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

UEFI Forum Releases UEFI 2.3.1 Specification Update

The UEFI Forum has ratified an update to the UEFI 2.3.1 Specification that adds important firmware considerations and addresses numerous engineering change requests. The updated Specification will be referred to as “UEFI 2.3.1C”.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: An OS Indications Variable - OS/FW feature & capability communication – when implemented, allows end-users to make an OS menu request to enter BIOS setup after next reboot.
    • UEFI 2.3.1C adds: A mechanism which, when implemented, facilitates Open Source Operating System installations and OS- agnostic end-user configurations of retaining the factory default keys while in Setup Mode (see Specification for full technical detail of Setup Mode).
    • UEFI 2.3.1C removes: Runtime driver requirement on Network UNDI drivers - this allows UNDI drivers to be delivered in EFI Byte Code (EBC) Virtual Machine format supporting systems based on different processor architectures.
    Complete details on UEFI 2.3.1C are available here.

The UEFI Forum’s UTWG (UEFI Test Working Group) is currently working on updating the SCT (Self-Certification Tests) to align with the latest spec changes. Please see www.uefi.org for more updates.

UEFI Summer Summit Interoperability & Education Event:
    Specification Update Benefits Windows 8 & Open Source OS Implementations Microsoft to Host UEFI Summer Summit, July 16-20, 2012 in Redmond, WA

The UEFI Testing Work Group (UTWG) and the UEFI Industry Communications Work Group (ICWG) from the Unified EFI (UEFI) Forum invite you to register for the upcoming UEFI Summer Summit: An Interoperability and Education Workshop being held this July at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, WA.
    • Hosted by Microsoft, the event is sponsored by AMD, AMI, HP, Insyde, Intel, Microsoft & Phoenix.
    • Online registration for the UEFI Summer Summit can be found at here and here. Please note registration is scheduled to close on July 9th.
    The organizers specifically wish to encourage add-in card vendors to attend the Summit. This is the last planned Forum-sponsored opportunity to test Secure Boot functionality and the interoperability of cards with UEFI-compliant systems for 2012. With the serious industry interest in Secure Boot functionality, this Summit is an excellent opportunity to test interoperability, as well as discuss the technology with other industry members.

btarunr, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I keep getting a notification click here to update your credentials Microsoft needs you to sign in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to sign out from Microsoft Account and sign in again and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type Settings.

• Select Account.

• Select your Account.

• Click on Sign in with local account instead of Microsoft Account.

• It will prompt for Microsoft Account Password.

• Enter the password then again sign back with Microsoft Account follow the same steps.

And also check for latest Windows updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Dec 12, 2019
  4. UPDATED: Latest UEFI Signing Requirements from Microsoft

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

UPDATED: Latest UEFI Signing Requirements from Microsoft

1. UPDATED: Latest UEFI Signing Requirements from Microsoft - Similar Threads - UPDATED Latest UEFI

2. sign-in requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign-in requirements: Hello,Before the last recent update of Windows I would sign into my account either with my fingerprint or with my PIN. Since some days after the update, every time I scan my finger successfully my PIN is also asked to unlock Windows. I checked the sign in requirements in the...
  3. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  4. Require sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require sign-in: I'm unable to change when my password or PIN is required to sign in. This is frankly quite annoying as my computer never leaves my house and I wish to disable password sign-in. For context, no my user account control settings are not too high and no I am not providing my...
  5. Sign-in required & Unable to Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign-in required & Unable to Update: I've been having two issues, which I am posting under the same subject because they could be related. For a little context these are on a relatively new Dell have had it less than a year with Windows 10, and it is only in the past few months that these issues have...
  6. 'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options: I want no lockscreen or sign-in screen when I open the lid of the laptop - I want it to just resume playing a video.I was told to tweak that missing option to solve the second problem....
  7. After latest update Password required.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After latest update Password required.: I did turn the password requirement off/to never in settings, but now after the update I have to sign in to windows each time after a new start. It is not a big issue for me, just wondering if it was like this for everyone. 170257
  8. Help required after latest Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help required after latest Update: Hi! I have a Buffalo external drive with 2 partitions attached to my PC. Since the latest Windows 10 update, this drive does not automatically appear in File Explorer when powered up although it is shown in devices as a USB-SATA Bridge. When I go into Computer Management...
  9. Latest update requires pin for sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest update requires pin for sign in?: After the last microsoft update, my system is requesting that I now set up a pin for extra security. Is this legit? I worked my way around it but I prefer signing in with my password. How can I eliminate the request?...
  10. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...