Windows 10: *** UPDATED LIST *** - Services.msc Settings For Fixing Network

Discus and support *** UPDATED LIST *** - Services.msc Settings For Fixing Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here is the updated list of services to change to AUTOMATIC and do a one by one RESTART. There are a few new ones listed which when set to automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KRL, Dec 1, 2015.

1. KRL
    KRL Win User

*** UPDATED LIST *** - Services.msc Settings For Fixing Network

Here is the updated list of services to change to AUTOMATIC and do a one by one RESTART.

There are a few new ones listed which when set to automatic and restarted got my network displaying
    once again in the File Explorer panel.

RUN SERVICES.MSC to get to the services panel.

If you find any set to MANUAL, go to that service Right Click > Properties > Then change the STARTUP TYPE in the dropdown menu to AUTOMATIC.

Click APPLY > RESTART that service.

* Computer Browser
    * DHCP Client
    * DNS Client
    * Function Discovery Provider Host
    * Function Discovery Resource Publication
    * HomeGroup Listener
    * HomeGroup Provider
    * IP Helper
    * Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup
    * Network Connections
    * Network List Service
    * Network Location Awareness
    * Peer Networking Grouping
    * Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    * Server
    * SSDP Discovery
    * TCP/IP Netbios helper
    * UPnP Device Host
    * WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service
    * Workstation

:)

2. How to stop windows 10 from downloading updates

1. Set your connection as metered connection for this follow this steps.

• Make sure you are connected to internet.
    • Go to Setting
    • Search "wifi"
    • Go to Wi-Fi Setting
    • Under networks click advanced
    • Turn on Set As Metered Connection
    2. You can turn off Windows Update service. But I don't recommend this. If section 1 doesn't work, do this.

• Windows + R
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter
    • Find Windows Update service
    • Right click and Properties
    • Change Automatic to Manual
    • Then stop service

Michael SB, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Dave_... Win User
    resource (peer-to-peer grouping) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

Same issue Windows 10 Insider version 16179

Homegroup Advanced Sharing Settings All Networks would change settings every time I changed Turn on sharing for anyone with network access

My fix: Services.msc

Stopped Peer Name Resolution, Peer Networking Grouping, Peer Network Identity Manager.

Started each, changed setting from Manual to Automatic on each.

Advanced Settings stayed in place, Homegroup works on every boot

Dave_..., Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

*** UPDATED LIST *** - Services.msc Settings For Fixing Network

1. *** UPDATED LIST *** - Services.msc Settings For Fixing Network - Similar Threads - *** UPDATED LIST

2. Network List Service (netprofm.dll) high CPU [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Network List Service (netprofm.dll) high CPU [Fix]: [IMG]We all have encountered unexpectedly high CPU usage, even when we don’t have many programs open on our Windows PCs. This is often a temporary issue and gets fixed on its own, but sometimes, a malicious or malfunctioning Windows service like the Network list service...
  3. Question about update list in Windows espacially to network settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about update list in Windows espacially to network settings: Hi guys,Does anyone know where to find the Windows updates for DNS settings? If there is such a thing.I would like to do a report on how often Microsoft updates the network settings especially DNS. The question is, do they do this at all, or do they just introduce new...
  4. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  5. Disabled all my msc services on accident

Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  6. windows update medic services not listed is services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update medic services not listed is services: Hello I am using windows 11 and I`ve found that windows update medic services is not listed in my services application...What should I do and should I be worried...
  7. windows update medic services not listed is services

windows update medic services not listed is services: Hello I am using windows 11 and I`ve found that windows update medic services is not listed in my services application...What should I do and should I be worried...
  8. Network list service won't start HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network list service won't start HELP: My networks status is blank and I got a new network adapter and still can't get wifi to show up and I thought this might fix it won't work though https://reddit.com/link/jbbn91/video/vbovzx0u45t51/player submitted by /u/Mediocreballsack [link] [comments]...
  9. Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU: I have a Surface Go running Windows 10 not 10S, and recently last few weeks whenever it wakes from Sleep "Network List Service" starts using at least 30% of my CPU. Often my combined CPU use is 100%. This goes on for a minute or more. None of my other computers have this...
  10. .Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .Exe or .Msc File Location for Network Troubleshooter: I've been trying to find a specific file and after numerous unfruitful google and direct system32 searches, I've decided to come here. I'm looking for one specific thing: The name and file location of the file that launches the network troubleshooter in Windows 10. When...
Tags: