Windows 10: Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor?

Discus and support Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Window 10 ProVersion: 20H2 Installed on: ‎11/‎20/‎2021 OS build: 19042.1387 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I just built a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Funcron, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Funcron Win User

Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor?

Window 10 ProVersion: 20H2 Installed on: ‎11/‎20/‎2021 OS build: 19042.1387 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I just built a computer, and yesterday had just the 20H2 update as the last thing my updates would present. upon finishing the install and rebooting, I notice my wallpaper was rotated on one of my monitors dual monitor setup, primary landscape, secondary portrait. my display settings menu shows a third monitor now. I can disable it via the advanced properties, but it remains ever present. I can see it list in the device manager as a 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor'

:)

Funcron, Dec 3, 2021

2. My Laptop and two extra monitors

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

• What is the make and model of your PC and the extra monitors?

You may add multiple monitors on your Windows 10 computer. It depends on the number of DVI, VGA, or HDMI slots on your laptop. I suggest you to refer the Wiki Article by
    Andre Da Costa on How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ws-10-pc/b9159662-4163-4408-9286-4e2e73077692

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 4, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Restore window issue in Window 10 1903 when extra Monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information:

• Is the issue specific to DBeaver or does it happen on all the applications?

The issue could probably be because of the secondary monitor not having its own taskbar. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the Taskbar on your primary monitor and choose Taskbar Settings.
    • Enable Show Taskbar on all the displays under
      Multiple Displays,
      and exit Settings.
    • Now, try restoring a minimized window to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor? - Similar Threads - Updated machine 20H2

2. Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor?: Window 10 ProVersion: 20H2 Installed on: ‎11/‎20/‎2021 OS build: 19042.1387 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I just built a computer, and yesterday had just the 20H2 update as the last thing my updates would present. upon finishing the install and...
  3. Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated machine to 20H2, and gained an extra monitor?: Window 10 ProVersion: 20H2 Installed on: ‎11/‎20/‎2021 OS build: 19042.1387 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I just built a computer, and yesterday had just the 20H2 update as the last thing my updates would present. upon finishing the install and...
  4. 20H2 Update - can't find second monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 Update - can't find second monitor: My PC just updated to 20H2 and now it doesn't see my secong monitor despite it coming up with the ASUS logo when I start it up!Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-update-cant-find-second-monitor/5d23c352-bb58-4878-a5d7-63ddeb752f86
  5. Update 20H2 wrecks my machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 20H2 wrecks my machine: Last night, even though I’d switched off updates and put my computer to ‘sleep’, MS unilaterally decided to reboot and apply version 20H2, the update I’d been trying to avoid. This has wrecked my machine twice before, so I'd turned off the update. This morning again, nothing...
  6. Extra Monitor proportions

Extra Monitor proportions: I have connected a second monitor to my laptop and the larger screen is displaying a smaller section than that of my laptop. Meaning that when I am in display settings, the 2 screen, the second monitor, is a quarter of the size of my 1 screen, aka my laptop. Can I fix this or...
  7. 20H2 on older machine

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 on older machine: All three of my computers are about 10-11 yrs old. All are running 1909 flawlessly. None have been offered 2004 or 20H2 in updates except one was offered transiently so I decided to test with an old ASUS K53 laptop that is basically stock except for SATA SSD and 8 GB ram....
  8. Mouse overlapping with/on extra monitors

Mouse overlapping with/on extra monitors: I'm using windows 10 on a laptop and have two external monitors hooked up. After a little while of use my mouse cursor begins to overlap its self on the extra monitors but not on the main display. My laptop is a MSI and the monitors are both ACER, Logitech gaming mouse. I'm...
  9. Extra monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Extra monitor not detected: Extra (2nds) monitor not detected plugged id a working Acer G185H VGA LCD 18' monitor with DVI adapter to my new system and the display reads Cable not connected Yet my TV that's plugged in via HDMI works fine Tried win+P,Tried my nvidia adapters settings and...
  10. My file names have gained a little extra

in Windows 10 Support
    My file names have gained a little extra: After a factory type reinstallation of Windows I used File History to recover data from my external drive. Every file name has been extended with something like Code: (2016_11_12 18_50_08 UTC)[/quote] . Can anyone tell me why this has happened, and how to prevent in the...