Windows 10: Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working

Discus and support Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I updated to latest Windows Version from Update Assistant. I'm still having same issue it won't connect to Windows Update. Edition Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sandman83, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Sandman83 Win User

Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working

I updated to latest Windows Version from Update Assistant. I'm still having same issue it won't connect to Windows Update.

Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2
    OS build 19042.572
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working [​IMG]

:)

Sandman83, Nov 22, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 22, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 22, 2020
  4. haan Win User

Windows 10 Manual Updates Management

I have just installed windows 10. When windows 10 is updating (and only when its updating) there is a chance the system will randomly hang/freeze.

This is very annoying and happens often but, only when updating.

In an attempt to avoid this problem, I have decided to manually download and install updates.

To do so, I have to do the following.

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic updates.
    2. While windows 10 updates are disabled find and list all the required updates (preferable with a dependency tree of some kind)
    3. Download the required updates manually.
    4. Install the required updates manually.

I was able to figure out the steps (1) and (3) (and I'm guessing step (4) is a simple execution)

How should I go about achieving step (2)?

Thema:

1. Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working - Similar Threads - Updated manually 20H2

2. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Updates: Is there a way to install updates manually instead of Windows installing them automatically? I don't really trust Microsoft after that hidden update that upgraded computers to Windows 10....
  3. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Updates: Is there a way to install updates manually instead of Windows installing them automatically? I don't really trust Microsoft after that hidden update that upgraded computers to Windows 10....
  4. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  5. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  6. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure: Hello, my current win 10 pro version is 2004, for the past months I have troubles with windows update, I get this error: There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help....
  8. Where to get 2004 update manually

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to get 2004 update manually: The update assistant from the windows website only provides the 20h2 update. Any idea where I can get the 2004 from? Thanks submitted by /u/fandralfaghalm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mrbgwa/where_to_get_2004_update_manually/
  9. Manual Updates

Manual Updates: I have experienced unresolved update problems with 2 laptops running 1803, one of which has now downloaded update 1809 automatically. I see from the media that there have been / are problems for many users with 1809 and I have delayed the installation in Settings. However...
  10. Manual Update?

Manual Update?: How do I do a manual Windows 10 update? thanks 16379