Windows 10: Updated May 2020; Now Have "Activate Windows" Watermark - Why?

Discus and support Updated May 2020; Now Have "Activate Windows" Watermark - Why? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My computer auto updated this week and now all of a sudden there is a "Activate Windows" watermark. The PC was purchased in 2014 with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nezell87, May 19, 2020.

1. nezell87 Win User

Updated May 2020; Now Have "Activate Windows" Watermark - Why?

Hello,

My computer auto updated this week and now all of a sudden there is a "Activate Windows" watermark. The PC was purchased in 2014 with Windows included. I don't understand why this is now popping up.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

N.E.

:)

nezell87, May 19, 2020

2. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @Echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        Updated May 2020; Now Have "Activate Windows" Watermark - Why? c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, May 19, 2020
  3. Activate Windows watermark will not go away.

The "Activate Windows" watermark on the lower right of my screen will not go away. I have successfully activated windows. The issue is the persistence of the watermark. I have had multiple suggestions from people on this forum of things to modify in the
    registry, none of which have worked. I have installed all of the latest available Windows updates.

Thanks,

Dennis

DennyMoyes, May 19, 2020
  4. lepitzi. Win User

Activate windows watermark after update

Hi everyone! So I have a genuine copy of windows (originally 7) upgraded to 10. Today I had an update (my windows is set to update regularly)

and out of nowhere, I got an "activate windows" watermark. I tried to re-activate using my number but it says it "didn't work".

any suggestions? should I just contact support?

Thanks in advance!

lepitzi., May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Updated May 2020; Now Have "Activate Windows" Watermark - Why? - Similar Threads - Updated May 2020

2. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  3. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  4. Windows May 2020 Update

Windows May 2020 Update: This update was installed on July 23, 2020 at night after I went to bed. When I woke up the next and went to get my email, I couldn't even login using my password or pin. I went to another computer to login on the Microsoft website and my password worked. I even tried...
  5. May 2020 update

May 2020 update: This is about my husband's laptop. After two days he finally managed to install the update only to find out he cannot use his computer. He cannot get into any applications and it just seems to be stuck in a loading loop. What does he have to do now? If he can manage to...
  6. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: OK, I goofed. I meant I've tried to download the May 2020 Update, but it remains unavailable to me. So, what am I missing? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/ae3af36a-8f34-4831-99ad-c32d08bcafba
  7. Windows Update 2020 May

Windows Update 2020 May: I updated windows from 1909 version to 2004 version but there is no change in my windows. What vould be the problem? I wasted my internet yesterday. Anyone answer it please ....
  8. Windows 10 May 2020 update is now available

Windows 10 May 2020 update is now available: What’s new in the Windows 10 May 2020 Update https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/05/27/whats-new-in-the-windows-10-may-2020-update/ How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update...
  9. WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020

WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020: And so - shock horror - the latest Windows updates has meant been unable to use laptop as stuck in perpetual loop of cannot install updates... why is it hat whenever there is an update there seems to be issues? When many people need their laptops to work from home you need to...
  10. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: Hello All, I just recently read about the May 2020 update. im a Windows Insider, and want to COMPLETELY opt out. not like delete my account from the insider program, I've decided i no longer wish to participate. how would i go to the May 2020 stable build. that is if the...