Windows 10: Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

Discus and support Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Harrison326, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new password doesn’t work when I try to sign in on my laptop. I can see my laptop under “my devices” so I assume that means they’re linked, I read on another forum that it might take a couple hours for it to update? Do I just need to wait a couple hours or am I doing something wrong?

:)

Harrison326, Feb 19, 2022

2. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Feb 19, 2022
  4. RobGaal Win User

Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

1. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop - Similar Threads - Updated Microsoft account

2. Password expired and previous password doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expired and previous password doesn’t work: Hi I have not changed or forgotten my password. When I try to sign in it says password expired…. And create a password reset disk. When I insert a usb it also say incorrect password when I try to put my password in the wizard. I am sure I remember my password. Plz fix it I...
  3. Password expired and previous password doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password expired and previous password doesn’t work: Hi I have not changed or forgotten my password. When I try to sign in it says password expired…. And create a password reset disk. When I insert a usb it also say incorrect password when I try to put my password in the wizard. I am sure I remember my password. Plz fix it I...
  4. My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC: My new PC is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When I first built the PC, it made me use a PIN to sign in, but I wanted to change back to using my password, so I tried to sign out and then sign back in with my password. But it keeps saying my password is incorrect, and I can't go back...
  5. My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC: My new PC is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When I first built the PC, it made me use a PIN to sign in, but I wanted to change back to using my password, so I tried to sign out and then sign back in with my password. But it keeps saying my password is incorrect, and I can't go back...
  6. My MS account password works online but not when signing into my new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop: I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new password doesn’t work when I try to sign in on my laptop. I can see my laptop under “my devices” so I assume that means they’re...
  8. Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updated Microsoft account password online, new password doesn’t work on my laptop: I forgot my laptop password and answers to the security questions so I logged into my Microsoft account online and changed that password but the new password doesn’t work when I try to sign in on my laptop. I can see my laptop under “my devices” so I assume that means they’re...
  9. Microsoft Account Password not working?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Password not working?: Hello I have a problem with the login to my laptop. It shows me all the time that the password is wrong. Yesterday I changed the password normally, everything worked fine with Microsoft and now I wanted to log in again and then it comes that it is wrong (it is not) then I...
  10. Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password: I have recently updated the password on my Microsoft Account. This is the login that I use on a desktop and a Surface. After about 2 hours the password of the Surface changed to the new one, but after 2 days the desktop is still using the old password. Is there any reason...