Windows 10: Updated Microsoft Online Services Terms now available to customers

Discus and support Updated Microsoft Online Services Terms now available to customers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, we published the updated Microsoft Online Services Terms with the changes we announced in November 2019. As Julie Brill, Microsoft’s Corporate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Updated Microsoft Online Services Terms now available to customers

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...-around-world/

:)

Brink, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates to LinkedIn Terms of Service on June 7th 2017

Source: Updates to Our Terms of Service | Official LinkedIn Blog

Brink, Jan 9, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Releases New Search Services for Internet and Mobile Customers

Microsoft Corp. today announced the final updates to the fall release of its Live Search service, introducing a broad array of new services and features to its local and mobile search offerings. The new features and enhancements are designed to make it easier for people to find what they need at home or on the go through significant innovations in mapping, imagery and driving directions as well as new services to make the mobile search experience easy and powerful.

Microsoft also announced the availability of the Live Search 411 service. Customers can gain toll-free access by dialing (800) CALL-411 (800-225-5411) from any phone to find and connect to local businesses and other local information, such as weather updates, movie show times and airline information. People using a cell phone with Internet access can also receive links to traffic maps from Live Search 411.

“Microsoft is building on several years of innovation in imagery and 3-D visualization, adding some of the most significant innovations to driving directions technology in the last several years and expanding how our current 185 million customers can experience the improvements to the core of Live Search to include access from a wider variety of clients, platforms and devices,” said Satya Nadella, corporate vice president of the Search & Advertising Platform Group at Microsoft. “Collectively, these improvements build on the work we did in core relevance and differentiated vertical experiences, and are an important milestone in our efforts in delivering a comprehensive, innovative search offering that includes mobile, mapping, Web and local services for customers to find what they need, when they need it, on any device.”

Today’s announcement comes on the heels of the release on Sept. 26 of several new capabilities for Live Search, which included significant improvements in relevance and coverage in the core Web search service and expanded the range and depth of information available in areas where most customers were doing most of their queries — entertainment, shopping, health and local searches.

Today’s release offers these key features:

Maps and Directions
    • Innovative driving directions. The new Live Search offers more accurate and easy-to-use driving directions, including dynamic rerouting of directions based on real-time traffic information, one-click directions that allow drivers to get only essential directions to their destination with no starting point needed, and inline hints that tell drivers if they have gone too far based on local landmarks. Combined with new, one-page printing, these new enhancements have taken driving directions to the next level.
    • Innovative visualization and 3-D. Coverage of bird’s-eye and 3-D imagery has been increased to cover 80 percent of the U.S. population. In addition, nearly 200 complete cities are available in 3-D, and customers can now combine views of 3-D imagery with Live Search’s unique 45-degree bird’s-eye images, giving a complete and detailed geolocation experience. In addition, people who use Live Search Maps can create and share their own 3-D models of buildings through an alliance with Dassault Systemes.
    • Innovative local content index including user-generated content.The new local search capabilities in Live Search include not only a broad set of expert sources but also broad access to user-generated content from Live Search and from across the entire Web, through searchable user-created collections and Keyhole Markup Language (KML) support.
    • Virtual Earth platform updates. The Virtual Earth platform is the underlying technology behind well over 1,000 partner mapping solutions as well as Live Search Maps. Updates in version 6.0 of Virtual Earth include multipoint trip routing; enhanced geocoding that combines results for multiple geocoders; rooftop geocoding, which provides more precise geocoding results; map control support for Safari 2.0; and the release of MapCruncher beta, making it easier to publish maps overlaid in an application using the Virtual Earth map control. More details on the Virtual Earth platform can be found at http://dev.live.com/virtualearth.
    Mobile Enhancements
    • Live Search for Windows Mobile with voice input. The updated Live Search for Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0 will be available for download for free on Tuesday, Oct. 16, and now includes voice input (beta version), gas prices, and hours of operation for businesses. The service can also use Global Positioning System (GPS) data on GPS-enabled phones to provide location-aware local search for customers.
    • Live Search 411. Jointly developed with Tellme Networks Inc., acquired by Microsoft earlier this year, a new toll-free number will be available for anyone using any kind of phone to access the power of Live Search. Users can simply dial (800) CALL-411 (800-225-5411) and say the city and state, then ask for the business or business category to hear a list of options. Users say, “Connect me,” to instantly connect to the business. Cell phone users can ask for a text message with a link to a map of the business.
    • Live Search for use with BlackBerry Devices. Live Search designed for use with BlackBerry devices is in beta and will be available for download for free on Tuesday, Oct. 16. It is a new offering designed for use on BlackBerry OS 4.0.2 or later phones, and customers with GPS-enabled phones can use location awareness to enhance their searches.
    More information on the mobile offerings will be available at http://www.LiveSearchMobile.com and livesearch411.com - Registered at Namecheap.com.

Market availability for specific features varies. More information on these updated features and services can be found on the following Microsoft team blogs: http://blogs.msdn.com/livesearch and http://virtualearth.spaces.live.com.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New policy and guidance for Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers

Source: Another step in licensing transformation: new policy and guidance for Enterprise Agreement customers - Microsoft Volume Licensing Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Brink, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Updated Microsoft Online Services Terms now available to customers - Similar Threads - Updated Microsoft Online

2. basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...: What is the difference between a basic and premium warranty in terms of call-in customer service availability and remote assistance? I just want to be able to call-in with problems and go remote for assistance. Do I need to pay for both basic and premium monthly for that? TY...
  3. basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...: What is the difference between a basic and premium warranty in terms of call-in customer service availability and remote assistance? I just want to be able to call-in with problems and go remote for assistance. Do I need to pay for both basic and premium monthly for that? TY...
  4. basic and premium warranty terms of call-in customer service availability and remote...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Customer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Customer Service: Is Microsoft the worst contact support there is. My microsoft account has been locked because I forgot the password but I cant recover my account because I changed my phone number and there is just no way to call anyone at microsoft. I contacted their support number which...
  6. Microsoft Online Order Support - Horrible Customer Service

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Online Order Support - Horrible Customer Service: This ordeal started on 11/30/2020 Cyber Monday. I purchased a CyberpowerPC Gaming tower for my 9 year old son for Christmas with 2-3 days for shipping. From December 1 to December 10 the Fedex tracking page only had "A label has been created" which in FedEx terms means they...
  7. Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal: In the past, we have used this website link (https://www.microsoft.com/online/downloads/catalog.aspx) to view our MS windows and MS office licenses for our company. It only works intermittently and I have tried several different contacts at Microsoft and haven't gotten...
  8. Microsoft Custom Translator now in General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Custom Translator now in General Availability: Custom Translator, now in general availability, significantly improves the quality of your translations by letting you build your own customized neural translation models tuned with your own pre-translated content. Using Custom Translator, you can translate your product names...
  9. Visio Online Now Available to Office 365 Commercial Customers

in Windows 10 News
    Visio Online Now Available to Office 365 Commercial Customers: This year at the Microsoft Ignite conference in Orlando, Microsoft presented several new product capabilities that extend the Microsoft 365 solution set—including a greater emphasis on cloud-first technologies. Visio Online is one of Microsoft’s newest solutions that further...
  10. Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms: How to: Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms How to Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services....