Windows 10: Updated my Computer a couple nights ago and this is what my desktop dose every time I boot...

Discus and support Updated my Computer a couple nights ago and this is what my desktop dose every time I boot... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/McPandaNuggets [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/McPandaNuggets, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Updated my Computer a couple nights ago and this is what my desktop dose every time I boot...

/u/McPandaNuggets, Feb 17, 2021

2. Computer takes too long time to boot to Desktop screen.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Do you receive an error code message?

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the Computer?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    There are two possible explanations:

• An external device (mouse, printer) could be the culprit;

• This issue could be due to outdated display drivers and updating them could make the black screen disappear.
    I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1 – Check the external devices

• Unplug all external devices

• Restart the computer

• If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue

• Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    install the updates
    again using the steps below, and restart the computer.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.
    • In search type Check for updates and hit enter.
    If the computer does not load up within 1 minute, I suggest you to Press & hold the power button down until the laptop or PC clicks off. Leave for 1 minute and start up again using the power button. The upgrading windows screen should appear
    soon after.

Method 3:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Method 4: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.
    If that does not helps, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Right click on start screen.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 17, 2021
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Updated my Computer a couple nights ago and this is what my desktop dose every time I boot...

query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Updated my Computer a couple nights ago and this is what my desktop dose every time I boot...

1. Updated my Computer a couple nights ago and this is what my desktop dose every time I boot... - Similar Threads - Updated Computer couple

2. Couple of nights ago anything I clicked on something on the right side of my screen the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couple of nights ago anything I clicked on something on the right side of my screen the...: I’ve also been dealing with and not sure cause I see what yall do to people who say they are hacked what I think is someone remoting into my pc despite turning rdp off. I’ll check my clipboard and things will be copied that I never copied, they’ll put things in the recycle...
  3. Couple of nights ago anything I clicked on something on the right side of my screen the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couple of nights ago anything I clicked on something on the right side of my screen the...: I’ve also been dealing with and not sure cause I see what yall do to people who say they are hacked what I think is someone remoting into my pc despite turning rdp off. I’ll check my clipboard and things will be copied that I never copied, they’ll put things in the recycle...
  4. Couple of nights ago anything I clicked on something on the right side of my screen the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...

I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...: I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I have had NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER. Sign in does not work anymore, it autofills with all 7s and will not change or let me use the right password?? I tried use bitlocker it autofills with 7s, or sometimes i can enter some...
  6. I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...: I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I have had NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER. Sign in does not work anymore, it autofills with all 7s and will not change or let me use the right password?? I tried use bitlocker it autofills with 7s, or sometimes i can enter some...
  7. When I updated Windows 10, a couple of years ago, my computer crashed.

When I updated Windows 10, a couple of years ago, my computer crashed.: I am now trying to reinstall the program and I am getting the error."The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed" Says to click ok to restart the computer and to restart the reinstall. I click ok to restart and...
  8. My computer restarts every night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer restarts every night: I leave my computer on in the night but every morning I always wake up to it set on the lock screen. When I open it all of the tabs I had closed. I tried going to power in settings and change stuff but it doesn't work....
  9. My computer restarts every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restarts every night: I leave my computer on in the night but every morning I always wake up to it set on the lock screen. When I open it all of the tabs I had closed. I tried going to power in settings and change stuff but it doesn't work....
  10. My computer restarts every night