Windows 10: Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?

Discus and support Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated my pc and have had a few issues since. The first was not being able to type the wi-fi code into the designated box - keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ethrow[], Dec 31, 2021.

1. ethrow[] Win User

Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?

I recently updated my pc and have had a few issues since. The first was not being able to type the wi-fi code into the designated box - keyboard working fine. I got around this by copying and pasting into that box instead. Then my Microsoft applications word processor mainly wouldn’t let me open items from the cloud which then lead to me logging out and being unable to log back in - i have tried with other accounts and got a bit further but had the same problem with entering a password as i did for wifi - keyboard works fine but i cannot type into that box copy and paste method didn’t work

:)

ethrow[], Dec 31, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 31, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?

Computer update

For what? And what will this computer be used for?

Bill_Bright, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?

1. Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why? - Similar Threads - Updated computer it’s

2. Why is my computer making strange sounds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer making strange sounds?: I was using the computer designing something, then a weird sound happened. When I press the control key and the touchpad at the same time, it made a ka-ching or a printer sound after the process is done and printer prints like sound. What is going on?...
  3. Why is my computer making strange sounds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer making strange sounds?: I was using the computer designing something, then a weird sound happened. When I press the control key and the touchpad at the same time, it made a ka-ching or a printer sound after the process is done and printer prints like sound. What is going on?...
  4. Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?: I recently updated my pc and have had a few issues since. The first was not being able to type the wi-fi code into the designated box - keyboard working fine. I got around this by copying and pasting into that box instead. Then my Microsoft applications word processor mainly...
  5. Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated my computer and now it’s being strange - why?: I recently updated my pc and have had a few issues since. The first was not being able to type the wi-fi code into the designated box - keyboard working fine. I got around this by copying and pasting into that box instead. Then my Microsoft applications word processor mainly...
  6. My computer is acting strange after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is acting strange after an update: My computer won’t let me go into the windows menu thing and my wallpaper is gone, and the only thing I can see that I had before my update is my icons submitted by /u/Lego-Brick [link] [comments]...
  7. Strange update reset my computer for one boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Strange update reset my computer for one boot: My computer just carried out a very strange update. As far as I recall, the computer had updated to 1909 some time ago. So today, that orange icon in the taskbar appeared that an update was required. I postponed the update until Monday because I was working. My computer then...
  8. Strange File on my Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange File on my Computer: Hello All, I found this odd file in my C:/Users/[User Account Name] domain. The file type just says "File" and its 1 KB in size. It was created a few days ago (somehow...) and when I open it with a program like WordPad, I get strange symbols. Below are photoes of what...
  9. Strange update screen - is this the norm now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update screen - is this the norm now?: Morning all, First post here, view the forums from time to time - turned on the laptop this morning and having left it for about half and hour on the desktop screen was shocked to return and see the screen I haven't seen since I upgraded to 10 last year. The only...
  10. My computer's Strange behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer's Strange behavior: Hello,Because of the updates problem, I disabled the windows update optiom in the "Task manager" services.However, when I turn on the computer I notice there is a great amount of network 'action', I take a look into the system tree and find "Windows 10 upgrade" folder has...