Windows 10: updated my drivers but my hdmi output still isnt working

Discus and support updated my drivers but my hdmi output still isnt working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cant find a driver update that makes my HDMI output work. I've downloaded drivers and run a compatabilty test but still haven't resolved the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stacy596, Dec 18, 2019.

1. stacy596 Win User

updated my drivers but my hdmi output still isnt working

I cant find a driver update that makes my HDMI output work. I've downloaded drivers and run a compatabilty test but still haven't resolved the problem. I know it's my laptop because it worked on both tv's and now won't work on either

:)

stacy596, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

ok got to work from hdmi and speaker but can output go from headset and hdmi

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

To have a better understanding of the issue, please help us with the following information:

1. Are you trying to output Audio via HDMI/headset or to a speaker/headset connect to your HDMI device?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to update the audio driver and set HDMI Device
    as default device.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 18, 2019
  3. ok got to work from hdmi and speaker but can output go from headset and hdmi

Would like to hdmi and headphone jack

RobertPrusakiewicz, Dec 18, 2019
  4. updated my drivers but my hdmi output still isnt working

HDMI Audio in NOT working

Hi Dustin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI. If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI device drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

updated my drivers but my hdmi output still isnt working

1. updated my drivers but my hdmi output still isnt working - Similar Threads - updated drivers hdmi

2. My windows update isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows update isnt working: For the last couple of months I have not been able to install new windows updates because of how it shows its updating but it stays at 0% or says "download error" screenshots have been providedWhat I tried so far is troubleshooting and restarting the PC but it didn't help. If...
  3. My windows update isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows update isnt working: For the last couple of months I have not been able to install new windows updates because of how it shows its updating but it stays at 0% or says "download error" screenshots have been providedWhat I tried so far is troubleshooting and restarting the PC but it didn't help. If...
  4. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  5. Windows 10 updates cause my HDMI output to stop working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updates cause my HDMI output to stop working.: Since around December 2020, every time I allow Windows to update, my HDMI stops working.When I roll back to the previous version, it works again.I have installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturers of my laptop components. I've even installed the Lenovo BIOS update...
  6. HDMI output stopped working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI output stopped working: Hello, I have an Asus TH101A with intel HD graphics from Atom X5-Z8350 CPU. My HDMI otuput is not working anymore. I know it's not a faulty hardware because I tested it on a linux live USB. I tested 3 drivers. One from ASUS (version 20.19.15.4364), one from windows update...
  7. HDMI Output quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Output quit working: We have been watching a series on Amazon Prime Video for 3 days and now my laptop just quit sending the screen video and audio through the HDMI port to our TV. Any ideas how to check or fix the HDMI port?...
  8. HDMI output not working on my Dell Inspiron 17

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI output not working on my Dell Inspiron 17: My laptop will not longer connect to my Dell monitor via HDMI. I have used three different cables, none work. I have verified it is not the monitor nor the HDMI cable by connecting another device to the monitor via that cable... so I have concluded it must be the actual HDMI...
  9. my tablet driver isnt working

my tablet driver isnt working: its a Huion 420, after i didnt used it for a long time my Driver isnt working properly, i reinstalled the TabletDriver from their Home Page nothing worked. I tried deinstalling the Windows Driver so it can install properly again but it also didnt worked either.. i dont know...
  10. my hdmi was working now it isnt?

my hdmi was working now it isnt?: my hdmi hook up was working now its not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-hdmi-was-working-now-it-isnt/a87d4011-fb7d-4c30-b41b-dde6af04ee9c