Windows 10: Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are...

Discus and support Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InYaPants [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InYaPants, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are...

/u/InYaPants, Feb 21, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 21, 2020
  3. roving Win User
    Favorites and Bar don't work on one Laptop but work fine on Desktop

Here is info from both computers that might assist in troubleshooting my problem. Trying to Import from IE shows "couldn't import favorites."

In both of the following instances identical lists of my favorites and contents of Favorites Bar appear in both laptop and desktop files, just as they should, following their names on all computers.

These paths are from Laptop: Only the words "FAVORITES and Favorites Bar" appear from the Edge Hub, but no listings of them are available, and the bar shortcuts do not appear, however the complete lists appear following their names on the path shown below.
    C:\Users\Deek\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites
    C:\Users\Deek\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites\Favorites Bar

These paths are from Desktop: These work perfectly with Edge, just as they do when I use IE 11 and Favorites bar appears as they should.
    C:\Users\RW\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defau lt\Favorites\Favorites bar
    C:\Users\RW\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Defau lt\Favorites

The only difference I can see between them is the name of the User, which is different on each computer. Where have I gone wrong? I have identical paths on another identical laptop and the Favorites function as they should and the Favorites Bar appears across the top just as it should and does on the Desktop, and paths are the same except for its User's name. I have apparently missed something somewhere on one. Help and suggestions appreciated. I apologize for length, but needed to be clear.

roving, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are...

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are...

1. Updated my laptop and now my desktop apps arent showing, but the ones that do appear are... - Similar Threads - Updated laptop desktop

2. All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?: All of my app arent showing in my homescreen, please help me as I dont know what to do in this situation. PS: My laptop is in its latest update, it is working perfectly and this is the only problem, and it has been going on for a few months now....
  3. All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my apps arent showing in my homescreen, is there anyway to fix this?: All of my app arent showing in my homescreen, please help me as I dont know what to do in this situation. PS: My laptop is in its latest update, it is working perfectly and this is the only problem, and it has been going on for a few months now....
  4. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of my apps arent working: Recently I updated my Laptop, and most of the Microsoft official apps aren't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-apps-arent-working/0e0ca194-0400-4990-82d9-14008fb9db30
  5. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of my apps arent working: Recently I updated my Laptop, and most of the Microsoft official apps aren't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-my-apps-arent-working/0e0ca194-0400-4990-82d9-14008fb9db30
  6. Most of my apps arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just updated Windows 10 on my laptop and now Google Chrome appeared on my desktop.: I've never used Chrome, and I don't know why it's there. I just wanted to see if any of you knew why. submitted by /u/RazorNinja8482 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0vdn6/i_just_updated_windows_10_on_my_laptop_and_now/
  8. my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup: icon do not appear on my desktop on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-icon-do-not-appear-on-my-desktop-on-startup/1fc35e8a-ad6f-4d27-a084-5c79b48d4065
  9. Apps opened on one virtual desktop now appearing on ALL taskbars!

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps opened on one virtual desktop now appearing on ALL taskbars!: I've got several virtual desktops and what I'm now finding is any application I open is now appearing in the taskbar on ALL my virtual desktops even though it's only been opened on one of the virtual desktops. Not sure how this started happening but it was fine before, very...
  10. Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana showing on my Laptop not my Desktop: After a bit more browsing I found this link How to enable Cortana if you're using Windows 10 outside the U.S. - Neowin -------------------------------ORIGINAL POST------------------------------- So last night I was bothered to install Windows 10 9926 on my laptop, and...