Windows 10: Updated my laptop to windows 10 20H2 and my mic nad speaker stopped working!

Discus and support Updated my laptop to windows 10 20H2 and my mic nad speaker stopped working! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please help me solve this huuuuuge problem, I need the laptop for schoolwork so it*s a huge setback if it stops working now. If it helps, this is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vesanen, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Updated my laptop to windows 10 20H2 and my mic nad speaker stopped working!

Please help me solve this huuuuuge problem, I need the laptop for schoolwork so it*s a huge setback if it stops working now.

If it helps, this is the manufacturers product code thingy: NP767XCM-K01SE, It is a Samsung Galaxybook S 13

submitted by /u/Vesanen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vesanen, Jan 13, 2021
  2. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Jan 13, 2021
  4. LuckAl Win User

Updated my laptop to windows 10 20H2 and my mic nad speaker stopped working!

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Hi all,

We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences.

The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone.

The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the bluetooth settings menu with as a Headset with a headset icon, and when connected it shows: "Connected voice, music", the microphone
    of the speaker doesn't work.

In the Sound Settings, the speaker is selected both in Output and Input, but when testing, no sound is recorded, even though the speaker works (you can hear sound through it).

• All bluetooth drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date

• We have run the Troubleshoot unsuccessfully, getting the following response: “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”.

Under Device properties > Properties > Details > Device Description is listed as
    Bluetooth Hands-Free.

Is there anything else we can do at this point? This has been tested on 2 computers.

Is this an issue with Windows 10 and Bluetooth speakers with microphones?

Many thanks for any help!

LuckAl, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Updated my laptop to windows 10 20H2 and my mic nad speaker stopped working!

1. Updated my laptop to windows 10 20H2 and my mic nad speaker stopped working! - Similar Threads - Updated laptop 20H2

2. MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING: ALL GOOD BUT SUDDENLY MY LAPTOP RIGH CHANNL IS WORKING AND LEFT NOT WORKING ..I DONT KNOW WAY PLZ SOLVE THIS ISSUE *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP SPEAKER NOT WORKING: ALL GOOD BUT SUDDENLY MY LAPTOP RIGH CHANNL IS WORKING AND LEFT NOT WORKING ..I DONT KNOW WAY PLZ SOLVE THIS ISSUE *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Windows 10 20h2 update broke my main speakers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20h2 update broke my main speakers.: I have VoiceMeeter for splitting audio and telling it which inputs and outputs I want, so if I'm streaming/recording gameplay and gameplay audio with OBS while talking to someone on Discord who might be watching me play, neither my audio nor theirs is recorded by OBS. I had...
  5. Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?: First, to start by saying, I didn't even think this is possible. Today, I plugged a standard smartphone earplugs (with mic) in my mic in plug. What happened is, they got recognized as a microphone, but instead of using the actual microphone device on the headset, windows...
  6. My speaker stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My speaker stopped working: i have an online class and my speaker stopped working after i tried to connect my earbuds. after disconnecting them it kept saying that my speaker wasnt connected or what not… now my bluetooth doesnt work either....
  7. Windows 10 - mic and speaker not working-

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - mic and speaker not working-: I restarted my pc I did nothing such of setting configurations and the mic and speakers aren't working , they aren't showing in playback devicesdisabled view enabled , still , Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  8. My speakers stopped working?

My speakers stopped working?: I have a new laptop windows 10 and my speakers just randomly stopped playing, I've tried troubleshooting, turning of advance audio thing. Reinstalling driver all the stuff that's recommended. I don't know what to do , earphones aren't working either so i think it's a driver...
  9. Mic / Speakers not working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic / Speakers not working!: Hey guys, I have a very weird problem with my speakers and microphone. I try to describe it as detailed as possible: Yesterday evening around 8 PM GMT +1 I was recording my voice through Audacity and listened to it. Everything worked perfectly fine. After that I started...
  10. Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop

Headset Mic stops working after Windows 10 update on my laptop: So I have this headset, Corsair HS50, that works fine, except, when I decided to update my Windows 10 to a version higher than 1709. At the start of the year, I bought a new laptop, the Predator Helios 300 and for some reason it came with windows 10 version 1709, i didnt...