Windows 10: Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.

Discus and support Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Please help- I updated my Windows 10 and after multiple restarts the files that were on my desktop are gone. I’ve followed the normal:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JustAFewThings1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.

Hi everyone.

Please help- I updated my Windows 10 and after multiple restarts the files that were on my desktop are gone.

I’ve followed the normal: Look under users for the missing folders & System rollback but they are still gone. The frustrating part is if I go to file explorer, I can see some of them there but, when I click it says folder unavailable. It may have been moved or deleted.

Anyone have this problem before?

submitted by /u/JustAFewThings1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JustAFewThings1, Jul 26, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    ALL MY FILES ARE GONE AFTER UPDATE

Hi,

The issue that you are experiencing can be due to data/file corruption. For us to isolate why the issue is happening, we would like to ask for additional information:

• How did you update the computer automatically through Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Is the issue happening only on a specific folder (with sub-folder) on your Desktop?

Furthermore, as an initial troubleshooting we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Find lost files after the update to Windows 10. It consists of information on how we can locate your files.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 26, 2020
  4. DMJmicro Win User

Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.

windows 10 update, my desktop is gone.

After windows 10 update, my desktop is gone. How do I get my desktop and all my files back?

DMJmicro, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone.

1. Updated my windows and all my files on desktop are gone. - Similar Threads - Updated files desktop

2. all my files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my files on desktop are gone: hello , i logged into my iCloud this morning and after i was done all files on my desktop are gone and got logged out of my accounts . i tried restarting and everything but it didnt do anything . my one drive dose not work and it says the location got changed or got deleted ....
  3. all my files on desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all my files on desktop are gone: hello , i logged into my iCloud this morning and after i was done all files on my desktop are gone and got logged out of my accounts . i tried restarting and everything but it didnt do anything . my one drive dose not work and it says the location got changed or got deleted ....
  4. All my files in Downloads are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files in Downloads are gone: I woke up today and booted up my PC and saw that all the files in my Downloads folder are gone except folders and a file that I was moving yesterday from a 7zip file that was in Downloads to Documents, during that it became stuck and Windows Explorer was not responding so I...
  5. All my files are gone after windows update KB5001679

All my files are gone after windows update KB5001679: All my files are gone after updating windows KB5001679 and everything went to the default, also my background is changed to the default windows background....
  6. All my files are gone!

All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  7. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  8. all my folders on my desktop are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my folders on my desktop are gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucioco000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke82na/all_my_folders_on_my_desktop_are_gone/
  9. All My Files on desktop are gone

All My Files on desktop are gone: I Dont know what happen .i just turn on my laptop then i check my files ,my apps,my photo ,my project in desktop missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-on-desktop-are-gone/9d0b4556-4924-47f4-a400-511730cbfb0d
  10. All my files are gone. (System Update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my files are gone. (System Update): So I left my laptop to update my System as it says System update , so it finally finished and there I only one account in my sign - in bar thing. My other account was all my stuff for school and now its missing, it also removed administrator from my laptop, I cannot access...