Windows 10: Updated my windows and it ruined everything

Discus and support Updated my windows and it ruined everything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So after being forced to update windows last night, my displays lost all their vibrance, and even turning saturation up all the way in nvidia control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nukoo, Oct 10, 2020.

1. /u/nukoo Win User

Updated my windows and it ruined everything

So after being forced to update windows last night, my displays lost all their vibrance, and even turning saturation up all the way in nvidia control panel won't fix it. None of the icons on the right side of the taskbar work either, I can't pull up the wifi list or the action center. Is there a fix for this or a way to completely turn off windows updates? I can't be bothered with this anymore.

submitted by /u/nukoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nukoo, Oct 10, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Oct 10, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updated my windows and it ruined everything :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 10, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Updated my windows and it ruined everything - Similar Threads - Updated ruined everything

2. Windows 11 ruined everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ruined everything: I run my joomla websites for photography and cherish my sidebars on Joomla now windows11 new explorer has disrespectly ruled my sidebars defunct and forced "them" my joomla sidebars all to the bases of my website to make room for windows edge explorers silly spammy sidebars....
  3. Windows 11 ruined everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ruined everything: I run my joomla websites for photography and cherish my sidebars on Joomla now windows11 new explorer has disrespectly ruled my sidebars defunct and forced "them" my joomla sidebars all to the bases of my website to make room for windows edge explorers silly spammy sidebars....
  4. Hotspot updates ruined everything and can't fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hotspot updates ruined everything and can't fix it: Many of you know about the hotspot issue due to windows update but it got worse...I installed all the updates then removed them and tried HostedNetworkStarter no installer ver it's a famous and trustworthy nirsoft tool to create hotspot, when I use the tool computers connects...
  5. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  6. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  7. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Update = Ruin everything

Windows 10 Update = Ruin everything: Hello! So I recently just installed the Windows 10 21H1 Update and it just ruined my computer. The first thing it did wrong was that the boot time was the boot time was slightly longer. And even though it was longer, it didn't do anything else either. The boot just sat there...
  9. Why do your updates ruin everything

Why do your updates ruin everything: Hi Windows, I was just wondering why you send out updates that destroy computers? I have a HP Pavillion and if I wasn't a bit tech savy then I would be staring down the barrel of a $400 call out fee by an IT proffessional on a Saturday night to be able to get my laptop to...
  10. "REFRESH RUINED EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Customization
    "REFRESH RUINED EVERYTHING: Worst decision ever. I will never do what's "recommended" by Window again. What I need to know NOW, is how/where/what do I need to do to get Microsoft word on my lap top again...