Windows 10: Updated: Ocassional strange re-drawing flicker in Windows 10

Discus and support Updated: Ocassional strange re-drawing flicker in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on my desktop PC which has built in Intel Graphics and and Nvidia GT 720 graphics card. I'm seeing flickering when I click the start button. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hannele2, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Updated: Ocassional strange re-drawing flicker in Windows 10

I'm on my desktop PC which has built in Intel Graphics and and Nvidia GT 720 graphics card.
    I'm seeing flickering when I click the start button. The whole thing flickers and then displays properly. But it's ugly and irritating and can't be the intended behaviour.

I've also seen this flickering when launching new application and opening new windows. Could there be a problem with the Nvidia drivers or is it a re-drawing problem in Windows 10 itself?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 14, 2016
  2. abp107 Win User

screen flicker

i dropped my phone, lumia 720. the screen blacked out and i restarted it thrice ....but the start up process does not work but it directly displays homescreen. there seems to be a black dimlight patch just above the search icon on the screen. ocassional
    flickering of screen is very disturbing. is it fixable?

abp107, Jul 14, 2016
  3. jlmcr87x Win User
    Windows 10 build 16299.19. Office Outlook 2016 opening automatically when starting up the pc.

Since the Redstone 3 branch, sometimes Office Outlook 2016 is opening automatically when starting up the pc. The same occurs ocassionally with chrome and the recent tabs.

Is this an intended behaviour? If i check the startup apps in the task manager i can´t see office Outlook or chrome enabled......it´s a little strange.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device / PC]

jlmcr87x, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Hannele2 Win User

I re-installed the graphics driver and the problem improved. Also installed Stardock Start 10.

Hannele2, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Updated: Ocassional strange re-drawing flicker in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updated Ocassional strange

2. The screen flickers strangely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen flickers strangely.: My office PCs are running into a strange display flickering issue. Sometimes screens flicker like when a VGA cable is loose, sometimes it flickers and the whole screen goes black except for a few windows. Sometimes they flicker for a few seconds and go back to normal.and...
  3. The screen flickers strangely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen flickers strangely.: My office PCs are running into a strange display flickering issue. Sometimes screens flicker like when a VGA cable is loose, sometimes it flickers and the whole screen goes black except for a few windows. Sometimes they flicker for a few seconds and go back to normal.and...
  4. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  5. Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze

Strange screen flicker/glitch/freeze: Around a week ago I started to get this odd glitchy freeze on my main monitor. A small row of pixels glitches for a few seconds and then goes away. This process is repeated every few seconds. Everything below the glitchy pixels is frozen, whereas everything above the pixels...
  6. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  7. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  8. Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines: Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers Screen goes black for about a second and then it shows a slightly longer line before it flickered. The...
  9. Strange Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Windows 10 Update: Windows 10 V1909 Just received notification of the following update waiting to be downloaded and installed: "Apple, Inc. - USBDevice - 5/7/2018 12:00:00 AM - 423.36" The date is what throws me... 2018?? This is an original Windows 10 installation that has been...
  10. Shortcut icons on desktop re-draw problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons on desktop re-draw problem?: I have folders on my desktop (windows 10 1709) that contain shortcut icons to all my programs and games. after starting windows and opening a folder with these shortcuts, windows has to re-draw all the shortcuts, this happens in every folder and can take some time to...