Windows 10: Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server

Discus and support Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All - I have a weird situation and hoping you can help me. The thread title pretty well describes my problem. I have had an Ubuntu server running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by feerlessleadr, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server

Hi All - I have a weird situation and hoping you can help me.

The thread title pretty well describes my problem. I have had an Ubuntu server running for over a year, and I auto mount some network shares from my Windows 10 machine onto my ubuntu 19.10 machine using fstab, and it has been woking really well for the past year or so.

Just today, I updated my password on my windows 10 machine, updated the password in my .smbcredentials and rebooted both machines. When my ubuntu machine rebooted, I noticed that my mounts were no longer working, and all incoming connections from that specific ubuntu machine are being rejected by my Windows 10 server.

I've tried just pinging the IP address of my windows 10 machine from my ubuntu server, but get 100% packet loss.

For shits and giggles, I temporarily disabled my windows firewall, and boom, everything started working again. I've googled endlessly, but nothing I've come across has fixed my problem.

I'm able to connect to this Windows 10 machine (using the updated password) via smb/ssh/sftp from other windows machines, android phones, android tv devices, and other linux machines. The ubuntu machine in question is also able to access the internet no problem. I am able to ping other machines from my ubuntu server on my local lan, as well as remote hosts (such as google, etc.).

I have no idea how changing my password on my Windows 10 machine all of a sudden cause my Windows 10 firewall to block all connections from my ubuntu server machine.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

feerlessleadr, Jan 19, 2020

2. Xbox App "Server Connectivity" "Blocked"

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app server connectivity is blocked. It is possible that
    your PC was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server or your Firewall settings are blocking the connection. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Is your computer connected to a wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue in safe mode with networking? To start Windows in safe mode with networking, you can follow the steps on this

link

In the meantime, you can perform the suggested solutions on this
    link

Loraine Mon, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server

Xbox Windows 10 "Teredo is Unable to Qualify" - Server Connectivity "Blocked"

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing us specific details regarding your concern. The network and the Windows Firewall status are two factors that we have to check when troubleshooting Xbox app's server connectivity. We suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to resolve Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked.

Keep us posted with the outcome. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server

1. Updated Password - Win Firewall Blocking connections from Linux Server - Similar Threads - Updated Password Firewall

2. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows firewall block connections to localnet: Hi everyone!I have following task:1. Block connections to hosts in local network2. Allow connections to certain hosts in local network domain controllers, wsus, dns and some exact hosts and ports3. Allow connections to O365All tasks above I need to be implemented with help of...
  3. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows firewall block connections to localnet: Hi everyone!I have following task:1. Block connections to hosts in local network2. Allow connections to certain hosts in local network domain controllers, wsus, dns and some exact hosts and ports3. Allow connections to O365All tasks above I need to be implemented with help of...
  4. Windows firewall block connections to localnet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Xbox Server Connectivity Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Server Connectivity Blocked: Hi, I have a problem with Xbox Server Connectivity for playing multiplayer on Forza Horizon 4 via Steam. This never going to happen to me before I'm updating on Windows 11. My friends recommend me for checking the Xbox Console and the result is Server connectivity says...
  6. Xbox Server Connectivity Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Server Connectivity Blocked: Hi, I have a problem with Xbox Server Connectivity for playing multiplayer on Forza Horizon 4 via Steam. This never going to happen to me before I'm updating on Windows 11. My friends recommend me for checking the Xbox Console and the result is Server connectivity says...
  7. server connectivity blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    server connectivity blocked: so i was playing minecraft suddenly yesterday i was not able to join servers so on the the network status test on the xbox app server connectivity it says blocked, I went through all of the solutions on their support page but nothing worked. It just happen out of no where I...
  8. Xbox server connectivity blocked

Xbox server connectivity blocked: NAT type: Open Server Connectivity: Blocked That's all it says on the issue, I have had technical support from Microsoft before, and their advice did not help, the bots think I'm on a console, and NOTHING WORKS. Please help me with this issue. I just want to play with...
  9. Server connectivity blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Server connectivity blocked: In Xbox networking settings it says server connectivity: blocked. I have tried many things but they don't seems to work please help me to get rid of this problem as it doesn't allow me to play multiplayer games. submitted by /u/Yatogami2505 [link] [comments]...
  10. Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?

Firewall blocking Ethernet connection?: So I just unpackaged my computer after moving back to the states (been in storage since Oct 1st). Connect everything and it doesn't recognize the Ethernet connection to the Internet. Call my isp to troubleshoot. They have me turn off my firewall in Windows. Right away my...