Windows 10: Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed

Discus and support Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've read most everything about this problem and have tried all the suggestions so far and none seem to work. I ran updates a couple of days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelPetersen1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed

Hi,

I've read most everything about this problem and have tried all the suggestions so far and none seem to work. I ran updates a couple of days ago to my SurfaceBook 2 and now get a blue screen asking me to input a bitlocker recovery key. As others, I have never heard of bitlocker before and have not set it up. When I go to address to get my recovery key, it says I have no key. Bitlocker is turned off. My IT department doesn't use it so they have not assigned a key. I've even tried going into the command line (per some other suggestions) to see if I can recover any keys there or turn bitlocker off -- no success. This is clearly a MS update and I have a Microsoft computer (so no blaming it on Dell or another company). Any suggestions or fixes? MS want $499 to talk to someone about this (LOL!).

thanks,
    M

:)

MichaelPetersen1, Aug 13, 2018

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed

1. Updated SurfaceBook 2 and now Bitlocker Recovery Code is needed - Similar Threads - Updated SurfaceBook Bitlocker

2. EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!: My laptop recently received an update and is asking for my BitLocker Recovery Key because "Secure Boot Policy has unexpectedly changed", I signed into my Microsoft account to access the key, however 2 step verification prevented me from entering because the phone number was...
  3. EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMERGENCY: Need my BitLocker Recovery Key now!: My laptop recently received an update and is asking for my BitLocker Recovery Key because "Secure Boot Policy has unexpectedly changed", I signed into my Microsoft account to access the key, however 2 step verification prevented me from entering because the phone number was...
  4. SURFACEBOOK 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SURFACEBOOK 2: Hi, my surfacebook keeps hanging when i open any file or folder from file explorer. However, if I search the same file from the winsearch and open it it works fine. Anyone relates?...
  5. BitLocker code recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker code recovery: Hello, I have a pc which was signed in to my microsoft account. The microsoft account does not exists today. Once using my pc, it got stuck in the automatic repair loop. I asked a person who repairs pc. He said that you have to enter the BitLocker key. I have not entered any...
  6. Surfacebook shows need recovery and error type:0xc0000098

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surfacebook shows need recovery and error type:0xc0000098: When I exit and restart then this screen appears again[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surfacebook-shows-need-recovery-and-error/d895f69d-e850-4332-a300-9ab7519260b4
  7. SurfaceBook 2 Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SurfaceBook 2 Issue: Hello Microsoft I have a SurfaceBook 2 which was bought a year and a half ago. Presently, the issue is that when it is plugged into the keyboard, the tablet battery or Battery 1 is not detected and remains at 0% while battery 2 is in use. This prevented me from detaching...
  8. Bitlocker recovery code

Bitlocker recovery code: Why am I being asked to provide a Bitlocker recovery key, and how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-code/be91456c-c747-46c0-9829-78fefc527f6d
  9. BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2

BSOD - MS SurfaceBook 2: I can see the bugcheck in the Event Viewer System Log, most days it happens twice a day and a few days it happens several times. It seems to occur when it's going into Standby from what I can tell. Here are the DMP and MSINFO files;...
  10. Need recovery code for bitlocker

in Cortana
    Need recovery code for bitlocker: Need recovery key for bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-recovery-code-for-bitlocker/ce681513-7b72-48c4-9910-948a3db284b5"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker does not work on surfacebook 2

2. bitlocker screen on surfacebook 2