Windows 10: Updated the system 1st week of July, freezes and "not responding" too often ever since....

Discus and support Updated the system 1st week of July, freezes and "not responding" too often ever since.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After an automatic update around the beginning of July, I noticed that my laptop was very slow and any apps (chrome, excel, search, settings, etc)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sn3256, Jul 23, 2020.

1. /u/sn3256 Win User

Updated the system 1st week of July, freezes and "not responding" too often ever since....

After an automatic update around the beginning of July, I noticed that my laptop was very slow and any apps (chrome, excel, search, settings, etc) freeze every couple of minutes with "Not Responding", the window goes gray and the blue spinning thing appears, and it stays the same way for many minutes, goes back to normal and back to the issue again after 2 or 3minutes. Sometimes it says "Microsoft Windows has stopped responding do you want to end process?" This has been happening several times a day for 3 weeks now, something that would usually take me 5 minutes to do now takes 30 minutes because of all the freezing and waiting. It's frustrating because I can barely do anything or work.

If anyone has a solution or has encountered the same issue any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Bought my Asus laptop in 2018, changed the HDD to a Samsung Evo SSD in January 2020.

Tl;dr : after an update in July, laptop freezes every 2min with "not responding" error, it's been 3 weeks, please help.

submitted by /u/sn3256
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sn3256, Jul 23, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

Random system freezes for weeks

Alright, time for an update.
    My lead was the RAM, after some time of trying it looked like the RAM may be the cause. Can't remember exactly why/how I came to it unfortunately.

After some time the frequency of freezes seemed to increase again to a frequency of 1 per day, this situation looked for me like a perfect opportunity to use driver verifier again with a different setup as it won't take much longer than 2-3 days of testing with driver verifier.

So with that in mind I enabled all standard options + power framework delay fuzzing & DDI compliance checking in driver verifier choosing all drivers of the list that are above the Microsoft drivers. Doing so makes it easier to document everything properly making it more clear what I've done, what the result is and what a possible next step could be.

After a few days with this configuration no single freeze had occured, enough proof for me to go to the next step which is using the same settings on all drivers in the list that are beneath the Microsoft drivers. I'm currently in that setup of driver verifier running my system.

A next step with driver verifier will be to enable the other additional options, only 2-3 at a time to not rush it, checking all drivers above the Microsoft onces.

I'm running driver verifier 72h to 96h (3-4 days) each time for those who'd like to know.

These are the possibilities I have in mind with driver verifier:
    - If it is a hardware issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system without pointing to any driver or pointing at too many drivers.
    - If it is a driver issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system for a maximum of a few times if I have some bad luck with getting back in Windows.
    - If driver verifier is unable to crash my system then the next step is to see if any program may be causing issues by uninstalling one-by-one per few days, with my amount of programs it should only take a few more months to complete this troubleshooting process but with a 100% certainty. That is assuming that Microsoft doesn't workout a patch for issues that unexpectly fixes my issue too.

3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Updated the system 1st week of July, freezes and "not responding" too often ever since....

OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

Source: OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th - Microsoft Tech Community - 216776

Manual Download: New OneDrive sync client release notes - Office Support

Brink, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Updated the system 1st week of July, freezes and "not responding" too often ever since.... - Similar Threads - Updated system 1st

2. Window 10 update too often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 update too often: Hi. My Window 10 laptop update everyday, sometime twice a day and it's really bugging me out. I have to go to "check for updates" every morning to update my laptop or my laptop will become really laggy, I can't even browse webpage smoothly without updating my laptop everyday....
  3. Window 10 update too often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 update too often: Hi. My Window 10 laptop update everyday, sometime twice a day and it's really bugging me out. I have to go to "check for updates" every morning to update my laptop or my laptop will become really laggy, I can't even browse webpage smoothly without updating my laptop everyday....
  4. Ever since the update last week, several programs cease to function at all.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since the update last week, several programs cease to function at all.: As of 8/14/22 when I received an update for windows overnight, many of my programs that help me on a day-to-day basis no longer launch or run in any way.My PC has been updated and I should be running the latest Win10 Updates.Many of the program's troubleshooting point me to...
  5. Ever since a June/July update, desktop defaults to sepia/yellow tint

in Windows 10 Support
    Ever since a June/July update, desktop defaults to sepia/yellow tint: So, I have been having this issue ever since an official update in June/July (cannot recall which one). I turn on the pc (Win 10 Home v. 2004, Build 19041.1110), and starting with the login screen, my desktop is tinted with a sepia/yellowish color, as if I had set up a custom...
  6. Computer keeps crashing ever since I updated Windows a week ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps crashing ever since I updated Windows a week ago: Ever since I updated Windows a little over a week ago my computer has started crashing. Its done it three times now all while I've been doing regular web browsing and watching videos. I even updated my computer again early this morning just to see if that would fix things but...
  7. OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Message Center Updates July 1st-15th: We are excited to announce three new updates coming to the OneDrive desktop client this month. These features will help users feel more in control, empowered to provide feedback, and better educated about what’s happening with their files. Coming soon: Pause OneDrive sync...
  8. Build 1803 freezes ever so often

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Build 1803 freezes ever so often: Hello All, Am having some problems lately after making out a new installation of Windows version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48). I have an SSD where I have the Windows 10 x64- Operating System exclusively and to this is attached a 2 TB Hitachi HDD where I store all else. The...
  9. Windows not updating since a week.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not updating since a week.: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit Home standalone computer (no domain or anything) [img] This is whats coming up every time I try to update or even if when windows tries to update itself. Happening since past 10 days now. [img] But funny part is if I select the...
  10. Random system freezes for weeks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random system freezes for weeks: Since some time now I am getting system freezes where the only option is a hard reset of the system. It happens very randomly, in office 365, gaming, watching movies, browsing the internet, etc. When it happens the sound stops with the mouse & keyboard, I literally cannot...