Windows 10: Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store

Discus and support Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work. Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc.... If I turn on my VPN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ossie, Oct 4, 2018.

1. ossie Win User

Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store

Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work.
    Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc....

If I turn on my VPN everything works.

Tried sfc/scannow and no errors
    Checked Ipv6 is enabled

:)

ossie, Oct 4, 2018

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Windows Store, Microsoft Edge

Hi,

This error code might appear when the system failed to connect to Windows Store. It might be caused by a third-party software or program that prevents accessing default applications. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows Store and Microsoft Edge. For your reference, check this
    article on how to run the troubleshooter for Microsoft Edge. Follow these steps on how to perform
    the troubleshooter for Windows Store:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Windows, select Windows Store Apps.
    • Click on Next, then follow the instructions.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Updated 1809 Edge

2. Missing Microsoft store, edge browser and cortana in my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Microsoft store, edge browser and cortana in my PC: I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Version 1607. I can not find Microsoft store app, edge browser app and cortana app in my PC and even i couldnot download them from websites. Please suggest me the possible solutions ....
  3. Microsoft Edge Addons store is now open for submissions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Addons store is now open for submissions: Starting today, the Microsoft Edge Addons store is now open for submissions for all developers. This is where users will find your extensions for the new Microsoft Edge. You can submit your extensions today by visiting the Partner Center Developer Dashboard. In most cases,...
  4. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update: Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working. I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened...
  5. Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store: Stay informed with the latest Microsoft Edge Announcements, Features, Known Issues, and Fixed Issues directly in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge Insider is the official extension for Microsoft Edge for Microsoft Edge Insiders. This extension puts an icon on the Microsoft...
  6. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  7. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

in Cortana
    Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana: I have been burned by stuff in the Microsoft App Store and do not want to waste my time there ever again. I would sooner download some unvouched for beta package from Sourceforge or Github...or even get a "nothing found" result so that I don't go through the hassle of reading...
  8. After October update 1809 Edge, Cortana, and Store don't connect to internet, but Chrome...

After October update 1809 Edge, Cortana, and Store don't connect to internet, but Chrome...: * After what seemed to be an OK update to V.1809 Edge,Cortana and Edge do not connect to internet. I get no specific error message only a can't connect to Internet or internet connection missing. It is not a network problem since I can connect to Internet with Chrome,...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  10. Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for just over a year (a recent convert from mac OS). i hope you guys can help me out. I recently got infected with 3 trojans. Bitdefender picked them, quarantined them but after every reboot they came back. So I downloaded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can no longer type in cortona since 1809 update

2. 1809 update no edge or photos after installing

3. google chrome no longer works windows 10 1809

4. why i dont get cortana in 1809 update,
  5. edge cortana no entry 1809,
  6. cortana not working since update 1809,
  7. 1809 edge vpn,
  8. 1809 edge no longer works,
  9. win 10 1809 edge not working with vpn,
  10. windows 10 v 1809 edge store issue,
  11. micrsoft edge no longer works with windows 10 1809