Windows 10: Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store

Discus and support Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work. Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc.... If I turn on my VPN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ossie, Oct 4, 2018.

1. ossie Win User

Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store

Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work.
    Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc....

If I turn on my VPN everything works.

Tried sfc/scannow and no errors
    Checked Ipv6 is enabled

:)

ossie, Oct 4, 2018

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Windows Store, Microsoft Edge

Hi,

This error code might appear when the system failed to connect to Windows Store. It might be caused by a third-party software or program that prevents accessing default applications. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows Store and Microsoft Edge. For your reference, check this
    article on how to run the troubleshooter for Microsoft Edge. Follow these steps on how to perform
    the troubleshooter for Windows Store:

• On Cortana search, type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Windows, select Windows Store Apps.
    • Click on Next, then follow the instructions.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft’s Edge browser may be storing private browsing data

Read more: Microsoft's Edge browser may be storing private browsing data | The Verge

Brink, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Updated 1809 Edge

2. Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana

in Cortana
    Stop Microsoft Store, Edge with Cortana: I have been burned by stuff in the Microsoft App Store and do not want to waste my time there ever again. I would sooner download some unvouched for beta package from Sourceforge or Github...or even get a "nothing found" result so that I don't go through the hassle of reading...
  3. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  4. After October update 1809 Edge, Cortana, and Store don't connect to internet, but Chrome...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After October update 1809 Edge, Cortana, and Store don't connect to internet, but Chrome...: * After what seemed to be an OK update to V.1809 Edge,Cortana and Edge do not connect to internet. I get no specific error message only a can't connect to Internet or internet connection missing. It is not a network problem since I can connect to Internet with Chrome,...
  5. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  6. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  7. Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for just over a year (a recent convert from mac OS). i hope you guys can help me out. I recently got infected with 3 trojans. Bitdefender picked them, quarantined them but after every reboot they came back. So I downloaded...
  8. Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android (Updated)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge now available for iOS and Android (Updated): 3/26/18, 9AM PT: iPad and Android tablet owners – we’ve got some great news for you! Microsoft Edge is now available as a free download in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. Now, you too, can experience familiar features like your Favorites (including Roaming Favorites),...
  9. Microsoft’s Javier Soltero is now leading Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Javier Soltero is now leading Cortana: Microsoft’s Javier Soltero is now leading Cortana. Soltero joined Redmond when the company acquired Acompli in 2014, and he introduced a large number of upgrades to Microsoft Outlook ever since... ...Now that Soltero is moving to Cortana as the CVP, Microsoft’s personal...
  10. Microsoft Clarifies How It Will Update Edge With The Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Clarifies How It Will Update Edge With The Windows Store: When Microsoft released Edge, they stated that it was a universal app and that it could be serviced through the Windows store. Up until now, the company has not used this mechanism to update the browser and has instead opted to update it via Windows update. With each major...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 edge vpn

2. 1809 edge no longer works

3. win 10 1809 edge not working with vpn

4. windows 10 v 1809 edge store issue,
  5. micrsoft edge no longer works with windows 10 1809