Windows 10: Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

Discus and support Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArchStant, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ArchStant Win User

Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?

:)

ArchStant, Jul 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Update 1903 renames User fiolder

After updating Windows 10 with Feature Update 1903

Users/User is renamed Users/User.000

and a new folder Users/User created with just a handful of files in it

So, for example, backup settings for Money are wrong.

How can this be fixed?

David Hywel Rees, Jul 6, 2019
  3. HP1959 Win User
    Windows 10 update: build 1809 to 1903 - new user created

I updated to 1803 last year. In the process my user profile was changed from "myname" to "myname.000"

All documents and folders had been moved to the new user in the process of the update. I spent some time updating permissions in Dropbox account, my Network storage and others things to reenable synchronisation for the newly created user.

Last night I updated Windows 10 to build 1903, and lo and behold, all my documents are now located in a newly created user "myname.000.000"

I have rolled back to 1809, and documents have been restored to user "myname.000" and Dropbox and Network drives are synching again.

How can I prevent Windows 10 updates from creating a new user profile or name at each (major) update?

HP1959, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files - Similar Threads - Updated 1903 'user'

2. Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Former User path still holds all files in Windows 10: On my work Windows 10 PC, all files are saved under the former user's path. Even my personal Onedrive is showing as being saved in this path. The user has been deleted in "other users". How do I move everything to be in my own path and permanently remove this former user?...
  3. User folder renamed with .000?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder renamed with .000?: Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin...
  4. Windows update 1909 changed my user folder name from C:\Users\NH to C:\Users\NH.000, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1909 changed my user folder name from C:\Users\NH to C:\Users\NH.000, and...: The problems, immediately after the update: My user folder, C:\Users\NH was originally empty except for an un-hidden AppData folder that eventually leads to C:\Users\NH\AppData\Local\Temp, which has five files in it: WMZuneComm.etl.001 WMZuneComm.etl.002 WMZuneComm.etl.003...
  5. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...
  6. New user created username.000

New user created username.000: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates. My original user name was Mark, now there is a Mark.000, which also happens to contain all my files now. The original Mark user now only...
  7. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...
  8. why has the latest windows update moved all my files into another user folder ending in .000?

why has the latest windows update moved all my files into another user folder ending in .000?: When I closed doen my PC last night it started doing updates and was taking a long time so I left it and went to bed. This morning I logged on - no problems but I then realised can't remember how that my files had all moved on to another folder in the c drive ending in .000....
  9. user files are accessible to all users

user files are accessible to all users: I am setting up a new computer. I am set up as administrator local account and I have added my kids as Other users local account-not administrator. I do not want to set them up as a Microsoft accounts. The new computer has one small hard drive for storing the operating...
  10. Why did Win 10 version 1903 create a new user and move all files to that user?

Why did Win 10 version 1903 create a new user and move all files to that user?: Got the update to 1903 (OS Build 18362.295) yesterday. Afterward, I discovered it had created a new c: user and moved all files under that account. The original is still there but has only an App Data file. The only difference in the user name is it added .000 to the end....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user.000 after upgrade

2. windows 10 update 1903 renamed user folder

3. user.000 windows 10

4. windows update user.000,
  5. 000 added to windows user nae,
  6. why has windows created files with .000,
  7. windows update 1903 added .000 to my user directory,
  8. windows ranemed my profile .001,
  9. user map or user.000,
  10. Windows user 000 after update,
  11. WMZuneComm.etl.001,