Windows 10: updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...

Discus and support updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone have any idea what on earth is going on here? When the computer wakes from sleep it's a mess now, the sound is trashed through my speakers, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JonRedc0rn, Nov 24, 2019.

1. updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...

Anyone have any idea what on earth is going on here? When the computer wakes from sleep it's a mess now, the sound is trashed through my speakers, it works fine on my headset however which is USB. I basically can't use sleep anymore since updating since it basically breaks everything. Can I just rollback to 1809?

submitted by /u/JonRedc0rn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JonRedc0rn, Nov 24, 2019

2. Audio crackling and popping after update 1809

Hi, sound from my Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB started crackling and popping after update 1809 was pushed onto my PC last month.

I have tested the onboard Realtek ALC892 on my MSI B350 Tomahawk motherboard and audio plays fine. I have also tested other USB audio devices, a Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury headset, and Sound BlasterAxx SBX 10 and they both play fine.

I notice the USB audio devices that do work are using drivers that use the generic USBAUDIO.SYS driver even the driver installer package from Creative's website, while the Sound Blaster Omni that has audio crackling use Creative's propriety driver KSAUD.SYS.

This led me to suspect it's a driver or software issue, but after contacting Creative, their tech support claims their driver dated in 2015 works perfectly with update 1809.

I'd made the mistake of reinstalling a fresh 1809 thinking it would fix things and now can't rollback to 1803.

Now the Sound Blaster Omni has been relegated to my laptop where it's still on update 1803 and 1809 is still unavailable on it, where it still works perfectly.

I would like to use it on my PC again. If anyone has a solution, please help me. Thank you.

Constin Oddity, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Crackling/Popping sounds on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting crackling sound while playing back music in Windows.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let’s run the audio playback troubleshooter and check if that helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click on the search icon below and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Then click on the Troubleshooting on the top of the Window.
    • Under hardware and sound, click or tap troubleshoot audio play back.

Method 2:

Download and install the drivers in Windows compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 24, 2019
  4. updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...

Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...

1. updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep... - Similar Threads - updated 1909 1809

2. Sound Crackling/Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Crackling/Popping: I finally changed my Win7 to Win10 after few years because my friend convinced me. Now all of a sudden i got crackling issues with my audio since the first day i installed it, it comes and goes. YouTube everything! It drives me insane. I tried reinstalling drivers, I even...
  3. Popping, crackling sound

Popping, crackling sound: I have a Razer Kraken Kitty - Quartz, it's been working fine but recently I hear popping or crackling sounds coming from my headset. My headset is fine when I plug it into other devices so it is not my headset problem. It uses a USB port, when I unplug it and plug it into...
  4. No sound after waking up from sleep

No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  5. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  6. Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep"

Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep": Hey, im new to Windows 10 and i am having an issue with a very brief crackling/popping sound, sometimes an audiosource wants to use my speakers. ive got the feeling that this rather happens when i havent used the speakers some minutes, as if my laptop would make this noise...
  7. Audio crackling and popping after update 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crackling and popping after update 1809: Hi, sound from my Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB started crackling and popping after update 1809 was pushed onto my PC last month. I have tested the onboard Realtek ALC892 on my MSI B350 Tomahawk motherboard and audio plays fine. I have also tested other USB audio...
  8. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep: Hi, This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker. I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up. How can I solve this...
  9. Computer waking from sleep after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking from sleep after update: Hi, A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I would end up waking up in the middle of the night to find out it had turned itself on, or when I got back from work. At some...
  10. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound crackles after sleep