Windows 10: Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything.

Discus and support Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am back in the stone ages. I went to update my Windows 10 from1903 to the 1909 on my laptop and after the resart all my files, and apps are nowhere.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobynPowers1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything.

I am back in the stone ages. I went to update my Windows 10 from1903 to the 1909 on my laptop and after the resart all my files, and apps are nowhere. and for some reason my file history was off so there is no restore point apparently. everything is just gone!!! any suggestions as to how and get it back would be great.

:)

RobynPowers1, Jan 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 9, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Jan 9, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything.

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I can't get update KB3035583 on my windows 7 SP1 laptop, also I was missing the optional language packs updates, I have tried "resetting" windows updates Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums and I have tried stopping and restarting the windows update service, did not help.
    Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this KB3035583 update? It's genuine windows 7 SP1 home premium.

Edit: Is this windows 10 upgrade only for people who bought (a computer with) windows 7 SP 1?
    I bought this laptop with windows 7.

Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything. winupdates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything.

1. Updated to 1909 on the Windows 10 on my laptop, after the restart I lost everything. - Similar Threads - Updated 1909 laptop

2. Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop: I lost internet connection after I restarted my laptop, how can I get back online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-network-connection-after-i-restarted-my/f09e1c9a-b173-4e46-b393-6b1e0275c4c5
  3. Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost network connection after I restarted my laptop: I lost internet connection after I restarted my laptop, how can I get back online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-network-connection-after-i-restarted-my/f09e1c9a-b173-4e46-b393-6b1e0275c4c5
  4. Laptop lost everything after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lost everything after bluescreen: when I was in the middle of playing game my laptop suddenly blue screen out of nowhere. that blue screen took so long and I had to turn off my laptop while it was still loading.After it restarted I noticed my user account is gone and I can only sign in to the "asus" named...
  5. Laptop lost everything after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop lost everything after bluescreen: when I was in the middle of playing game my laptop suddenly blue screen out of nowhere. that blue screen took so long and I had to turn off my laptop while it was still loading.After it restarted I noticed my user account is gone and I can only sign in to the "asus" named...
  6. Laptop lost everything after bluescreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Lost everything after restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost everything after restart.: I tried logging in to my computer as I usually do and it kept telling me that I couldnt login, which is odd, but I had to get on a zoom call so quickly so I just restarted my computer. After a few minutes my sign in screen came back up displaying my name like normal, let me...
  8. Everything lost after windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything lost after windows update.: Why do I lose all my downloads and favorites every time windows updates on my computer and it has done this 6 times in the last 2 months. My daughter's Mac is looking good right now....
  9. lost keyboard after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost keyboard after 1909 update: using on screen keyboard to type. dell g3 laptop Uninstalled drivers for standard ps/2 keyword and hid keyboard drivers any help greatly appreciated mouse and TouchPad working fine...
  10. Laptop restart-lost everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restart-lost everything: Hi, The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer to try and turn it off but it restarted my whole laptop. I have lost all of my documents, pictures etc, everything. To make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded to windows 10 1909 and secondary drive lost data

2. windows 1909 update lost my files