Windows 10: Updated to 2004 and I can't log in because I have no keyboard!

Discus and support Updated to 2004 and I can't log in because I have no keyboard! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have updated to 2004 version on my laptop and I can't log in because my keyboard and touch pad are not detected!! I have tried to connect a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aker666, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Updated to 2004 and I can't log in because I have no keyboard!

I have updated to 2004 version on my laptop and I can't log in because my keyboard and touch pad are not detected!! I have tried to connect a USB keyboard but doesn't works!!!

What the hell!!!!

Can someone help me? Thank you.

Regards.

submitted by /u/Aker666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aker666, Jun 9, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade and cannot log in as keyboard not working

Hello Kathryn,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, since when are you facing the above issue?

You may be facing the above issue due to the change in hardware components or non-updated keyboard drivers on your PC.

Step 1: If you are unable to login into your user account, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard by following the steps below and check if you are able to login.

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.

• Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

• After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.

• Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After updating, close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 9, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

Updated to 2004 and I can't log in because I have no keyboard!

TIGR, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Updated to 2004 and I can't log in because I have no keyboard!

1. Updated to 2004 and I can't log in because I have no keyboard! - Similar Threads - Updated 2004 can't

2. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  3. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  4. Keyboard disabled after update, now I can't log on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard disabled after update, now I can't log on: I have a Windows 11 gaming pc. After a recent update and subsequent system restart my keyboard doesn't work. I've tried plugging it into different ports and used a different keyboard, both with no luck.I am stuck in the log on stage because I can't use a keyboard to enter my...
  5. Keyboard disabled after update, now I can't log on

Keyboard disabled after update, now I can't log on: I have a Windows 11 gaming pc. After a recent update and subsequent system restart my keyboard doesn't work. I've tried plugging it into different ports and used a different keyboard, both with no luck.I am stuck in the log on stage because I can't use a keyboard to enter my...
  6. I can't log in because different keyboard language.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log in because different keyboard language.: hello, I have a new Thinkpad running windows 10, and basically I sat my password using English letters and then decided that I want to add the Arabic keyboard, and I think I removed the English keyboard and replaced it with the Arabic one or something like that. because now...
  7. I can't log in because different keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in because different keyboard language.: hello, I have a new Thinkpad running windows 10, and basically I sat my password using English letters and then decided that I want to add the Arabic keyboard, and I think I removed the English keyboard and replaced it with the Arabic one or something like that. because now...
  8. I can't log in because different keyboard language.

9. I can't update to Windows 10 2004 because my PC is "Not Ready".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't update to Windows 10 2004 because my PC is "Not Ready".: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. This is the message shown by the system. I have a custom built PC with a Core i7-7700, a GTX 1060, and 16GB of RAM. Someone help, it's been like...
  10. Can't update to 2004 even though I have the requirements?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update to 2004 even though I have the requirements?: [ATTACH] As per the Microsoft site: Current status as of June 16, 2020 Windows 10, version 2004 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909, who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. As per below, my version is...