Windows 10: Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top

Discus and support Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just did the update as I had to in order to use quickbooks. I can't open word 2013 on my desktop to access my old files. Please help- I'm not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TravisAlexander1, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top

I just did the update as I had to in order to use quickbooks. I can't open word 2013 on my desktop to access my old files. Please help- I'm not a computer person.

:)

TravisAlexander1, Jan 7, 2020

2. Cannot open Word document sharepoint 2010

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to open Word document using SharePoint 2010 from Internet Explorer. If the issue is with Word only then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Open a blank word document.
    • Click on File on the top left corner.
    • Click on options.
    • Click on Trust center.
    • On the right side, click on Trust center settings.
    • From the left drop down list, click on protected view
      and uncheck all the selected options on the right side. For more clarification you may refer to the screen shot provided below.

Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top 5a25b44f-d25d-48f1-ba3f-0337ab936c94.png

• Click on OK.
    • Now try to open Word document and see if it helps.

Do get back to us with the status of the issue. If you need further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 7, 2020
  3. jgm1287 Win User
    Windows 10 and Word 2010 issue

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate on my Dell Studio 1749 Laptop. I am currently running Office 2010. My issue is that when I download and try to open protected documents sent as email attachments, Word 2010 will not open them once they download. I have no problem opening documents that are not protect enabled. Any suggestions here? Most of my work documents come as protect enabled Word docs.

Thanks!

jgm1287, Jan 7, 2020
  4. cestout Win User

Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top

Typing a "t" opens a new window?

I have read the other similar posts. This is a desk top (Tower) computer and it happens frequently but not every time, it is lower case t, and it happens in just about any program - outlook, word, excel, mspub, but it has opened a browser at times. The
    new window is always different, al list of some kind. I put the curser back next to the t and the new window goes away. It is like a hot key, but not a combination (ctrl +) ane the window opened varies. Quite annoying and inconvenient! This happened in
    Windows 7 and still in Windows 10.

cestout, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top

1. Updated to 2010 now I can't open word on my desk top - Similar Threads - Updated 2010 can't

2. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  3. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  4. Desk top

Desk top: Got a message from Sumit to send him a snapshot of this is very long. Going to send the first page. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/5b03a503-87cf-480f-a507-d076559bf34d
  5. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  6. Can't delete desk top folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete desk top folder: Desk top folder has nothing in it, I'm the administrator on this laptop, and still not able to delete, remove or rename the folder. I've tried RMDIR /S /Q C:\Users\reese\Desktop, and still not able to delete the file [ATTACH] looked that the security tab and see this...
  7. Most of my desk top icons do not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most of my desk top icons do not open: I have had this problem for several weeks and have contacted HP, Microsoft and on line sites. No one as given me a permanent cure. Only a few of my desktop icons will open. I cannot access my start menu or use the search box. No one seems to get the problem fixed. Can...
  8. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  9. desk top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    desk top: When trying to save to desktop i receive this error how can i fix and what may have caused it can save everywhere but to the DESKTOP THANK YOU TIMMY[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/cd6f1d94-eec7-46c0-a8fb-c46251472241
  10. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...