Windows 10: Updated to 20H1(18936.1000), always fail to wake up from hibernate

Discus and support Updated to 20H1(18936.1000), always fail to wake up from hibernate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I updated to 20H1 about a week ago, everything seems normal except that I am never able to wake-up from hibernate state. I press the power button,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YiyuGu, Jul 18, 2019.

1. YiyuGu Win User

Updated to 20H1(18936.1000), always fail to wake up from hibernate

Hi, I updated to 20H1 about a week ago, everything seems normal except that I am never able to wake-up from hibernate state. I press the power button, saw the dell logo, wait for a short while, everything is black. Then I press the power button again, the computer did a new start.

Kernel-Boot EventID16: Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.
    EventLog EventID5008: The previous system shutdown at 21:51:10 on ‎17/‎07/‎2019 was unexpected.

sfc /scannow found nothing: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

For dumpfile I found two different events:
    Firstly volmgr event161: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.
    However later another event occurred: BugCheck Event 1001: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

As dumpfile might indicate something wrong with my computer, although not sure whether it is related, I uploaded them into OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap9a4CEzpsVyqL9lN22ccjUaZGgOGQ?e=zC1fF5

:)

YiyuGu, Jul 18, 2019
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Updated to 20H1(18936.1000), always fail to wake up from hibernate

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Updated to 20H1(18936.1000), always fail to wake up from hibernate

1. Updated to 20H1(18936.1000), always fail to wake up from hibernate - Similar Threads - Updated 20H1 18936

2. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  3. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  4. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  5. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  6. Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since update, computer hibernates and will not wake up: Every time I leave my hardwired PC running Windows 10 since the update, it goes into hibernation or something. I can hit keys, move the mouse, etc, and the screen remains black. The only thing that gets my screen back is holding the power button for about 2-3 seconds,...
  7. Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate Mode - wake up after hibernate: I want to take advantage of fast startup and I have enabled it in the power settings. When I shutdown the machine, it goes to hibernate mode. To restart the machine, I have to first press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds, which terminates the hibernation and...
  8. W10 update from 1803 to 20H1 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 update from 1803 to 20H1 fails: I have tried all the measures described in the various topics and cannot get the upgrade to work The last attempt was via ISO downloaded from MS. Final option option is to wipe and reinstall but I'd like a solution if possible I have the required logs Full install failed...
  9. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to resume from hibernate 0xC0000001 dell