Windows 10: Updated to 20H2, now Windows Hello does not work. Searching the error returns only scammer...

Discus and support Updated to 20H2, now Windows Hello does not work. Searching the error returns only scammer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dicktuck [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dicktuck, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Updated to 20H2, now Windows Hello does not work. Searching the error returns only scammer...

/u/dicktuck, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition

With the recent update to Windows 20H2 (version 19042.572), the Windows Hello no longer works with the Logitech BRIO 4K camera. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, disabled and re-enabled Windows Hello. The BRIO works fine with Teams, Skype,
    Windows Camera, Logitech Capture, and Logitech Camera Settings. The problem ONLY occurs with Windows Hello. It had worked fine for years prior to the 20H2 update.

Also, Windows Hello works fine with the fine with PIN and with my fingerprint scanner. Only facial recognition is now broken.

So BRIO works with apps other than Hello and Hello works fine with everything but facial recognition via the BRIO 4K, but the combination of BRIO + Windows Hello broke with the latest Windows update.

Is this working for anyone with the same configuration?

The error message Windows Hello gives is, "Sorry something went wrong. Camera is currently in use by another app. Close the app and try again." But nothing else is using the camera (proven by the fact that all the apps listed above will launch and use
    the camera just fine).

One other note, which may be helpful diagnostically: when Hello is trying to scan for my face, the red light on the BRIO does flash for several seconds as if it's working, but no picture ever comes through. There is obviously at least some successful communication
    between Hello and the BRIO.

I also tried plugging the BRIO both directly into different USB ports on the computer and into various hubs. Always got exactly the same results.

Any suggestions? Do we need to wait for a patch from MS to fix this defect in 20H2?

Thanks,
    Colin

GraniteStateColin, Nov 28, 2020
  3. KieX Win User
    Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

4. Updated to 20H2, now Windows Hello does not work. Searching the error returns only scammer...

windows 20h2 update issue

Hi, I'm Israel M., I'm an independent consultant and I'm happy to help you.

The update of Windows 20h2 is carried out cumulatively, correcting errors the focus was to correct problems seen until then, being made available by Microsoft an extensive list (almost 50 items cited by the company), thus showing that this update promises to
    regularize a good part of the image that reaches users of the distribution. Therefore, these constant updates are corrections.

I hope I helped, I await your return.

Best regards,

Israel M.

Outside consultant

IsraelMoreira2, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Updated to 20H2, now Windows Hello does not work. Searching the error returns only scammer...

1. Updated to 20H2, now Windows Hello does not work. Searching the error returns only scammer... - Similar Threads - Updated 20H2 Hello

2. Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work: I updated my bios due to a new exploit and wanted to be secure now I cant use windows hello pin at all if im signed into my Microsoft account had to convert my account to a local. It seems to work annoying but it works, but now I am unable to use the xbox app due to not being...
  3. Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated Bios Now Windows Hello Does Not Work: I updated my bios due to a new exploit and wanted to be secure now I cant use windows hello pin at all if im signed into my Microsoft account had to convert my account to a local. It seems to work annoying but it works, but now I am unable to use the xbox app due to not being...
  4. Scammer return requested info.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scammer return requested info.: Scammers return info:Subject: Notice: Award lotto Funds Release Notification. MICROSOFT <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>* Moved from Community Center...
  5. Scammer return requested info.

Scammer return requested info.: Scammers return info:Subject: Notice: Award lotto Funds Release Notification. MICROSOFT <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>* Moved from Community Center...
  6. window hello does not work

window hello does not work: Since upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10 my fingerprint reader does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-does-not-work/ab060f27-e05b-46d4-9c8a-2c7c4d9c10d9
  7. Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?: I would like to use my Logitech webcam on my gaming desktop to setup Windows Hello, but it keeps saying no compatible camera detected. Does Windows Hello only work if you have a Surface?...
  8. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  9. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  10. Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned: Windows 10 search bar returns no results. If I restart the Windows Seach service then Search will provided results once before failing again. I have done the following:- Updated Windows Restarted Cortana Changed Pagefile parameters Unistalled Bullguard Anti-virus The...