Windows 10: Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing

Discus and support Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just updated from version 1909 to version 2004 last night. This morning I looked at Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced options, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by devnull, Jun 8, 2020.

1. devnull Win User

Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing

I just updated from version 1909 to version 2004 last night. This morning I looked at Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced options, and found that the "Choose when updates are installed" option is now missing.

Was this change intentional, or is it a bug?

I will mention, FWIW, that in order to gain access to the version 2004 update last night, I changed the "feature update" setting from 365 days, which I had chosen months ago, to 0 days. I discovered the problem with the missing option this morning when I went to the "Advanced options" settings with the intention of resetting the "feature update" setting to 180 days.

:)

devnull, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Phone Man Win User

Windows 2004 Windows Update missing some Advance options.

I updated my laptop to Windows Pro 2004 Build 19041.264 with the Update Assistance and all went well. But in the Windows Update Advanced Options I am missing the Defer Update options. Is this the new look or is mine broken? I checked the registry and those items are missing.

Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing [​IMG]

Jim *Zip

Phone Man, Jun 8, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Is that option present in Group Policy?

Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

You are not alone. See:

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 post #73

Bree, Jun 8, 2020
    1 person likes this.
Thema:

1. Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing - Similar Threads - Updated 2004 Choose

2. How to stop/delay automatic update to windows v 2004 when pause update option is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop/delay automatic update to windows v 2004 when pause update option is not working: I do NOT WANT the Windows 2004 update that is currently being shown as ready to automatically update in the settings menu. I have changed the pause option to Dec 15 but it is not working. How to STOP the automatic update?...
  3. Is it Safe Now to Update to 2004?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it Safe Now to Update to 2004?: Been hearing a lot of negative feedbacks about 2004, so I've been putting off installing the update. Windows 10: Microsoft fixes these annoying issues as it expands version 2004 rollout - TechRepublic Windows 10 Upgrade Warnings Against Version 2004 - SoftwareTested And It...
  4. Is it Safe Now to Update to 2004?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it Safe Now to Update to 2004?: Been hearing a lot of negative feedbacks about 2004, so I've been putting off installing the update. Windows 10: Microsoft fixes these annoying issues as it expands version 2004 rollout - TechRepublic Windows 10 Upgrade Warnings Against Version 2004 - SoftwareTested And It...
  5. Missing Bluetooth option after Windows update 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Bluetooth option after Windows update 2004: I had updated my laptop to the mentioned below updates. And after that, a lot of toggles went missing and couldn't find Bluetooth option. Please guide me as Bluetooth is very much necessary for me. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Choose when updates are installed (feature and quality) options gone

Choose when updates are installed (feature and quality) options gone: Hi All First up some info: Win 10 Pro (Retail) 2004 OS Build: 19041.329 (If it matters) Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0 So I was just looking at this thread (thinking about resurrecting it but decided to start a new one): The Strange Case of...
  7. V.2004 Update Notification Question

V.2004 Update Notification Question: WU on my system has the message stating that v.2004 is available, but that my system isnt eligible to receive it currently. That I understand. The question is: When the FU is available for my system, will a notice show up in the Message Center, or will I have to check on WU...
  8. Windows 2004 Windows Update missing some Advance options.

Windows 2004 Windows Update missing some Advance options.: I updated my laptop to Windows Pro 2004 Build 19041.264 with the Update Assistance and all went well. But in the Windows Update Advanced Options I am missing the Defer Update options. Is this the new look or is mine broken? I checked the registry and those items are missing....
  9. Windows 2004 Windows Update missing some Advance options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 2004 Windows Update missing some Advance options.: I updated my laptop to Windows Pro 2004 Build 19041.264 with the Update Assistance and all went well. But in the Windows Update Advanced Options I am missing the Defer Update options. Is this the new look or is mine broken? I checked the registry and those items are missing....
  10. Choose when to install updates?

Choose when to install updates?: I have windows 10 Pro. When I go to check updates, if any are available it will automatically download and Install. Isn't there a way I can set things up so that I can choose when to download and install? 23409