Windows 10: Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs

Discus and support Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to latest windows 10 fall feature update, v. 2004. The update went fine, but I notices some programs performing slowly and major graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davez18, Oct 10, 2020.

1. davez18 Win User

Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs

I updated to latest windows 10 fall feature update, v. 2004. The update went fine, but I notices some programs performing slowly and major graphics glitches. After checking that all my drivers for video were updated to latest and finding no improvement, I decided to revert to 1909.

This I did and it notified me I would need to reinstall some apps.

First, I could not install Firefox. It kept calling for C++ runtime 2015 Runtime. However, anything I did to resolve the issue has not seemed to help. I've run the install troubleshooter, and it says it patched some corrupted reg keys. I tried manually downloading the missing files and pasting them in, and the system did not recognize them.

I continue to get the message: Network Resource Unavailable, please try again or select another location.

I did get past this message for 2015 one time when I had trouble running another program, but it then balked looking for 2019 runtime with the same issues.

Upon restart, I am returned to 2015 Runtime missing.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Oh, I also ran system file check and repair, and while it stated it repaired many files, the problem persists.

Thanks so much for your help in advance. I am hoping this is a common issue when reverting to a previous build and there is perhaps a simple solution?

If not, would you recommend I try going forward to 2004 again and working the problem from that end, if I am able?

:)

davez18, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Perf-TO Win User

Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

• I could not find the *dump files, I don't think I enable it,
    • I will work on the MSinfo file and the Specc files when I have more time in hand.
    Questions:-

• you're suggesting that I should install the V.2004 and let it crash (if it'll crash)?
    • since there is no .dump file exist (or I couldn't find one), the troubleshooting still good just using the MSinfo and the Specc files that reflects my current system state (V.1909)?
    Thanks again!

-Al

Perf-TO, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Reverting back to IE8

I manually installed the new IE9 Beta to try it out, but there are some issues with it and I'm looking to revert back to IE8. I tried going to my installed updates and I didn't see it there, it isn't under my installed programs list either.

Short of doing a system restore, what else can I do?

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Kantastic, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs

Windows 10 2004 update fails to install - Memory Management?

1. Go here
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...px?q=KB4576751
    check on installed updates in your computer that you have the latest servicing stack for - presumably 1909

If not download and install from the catalogue link - 64based update - second on list.

2. Then try update to 2004 after complete shutdown
    Step 1: Open Start menu, select Power button.

Step 2: Press and hold the Shift key on keyboard, while clicking on Shut down, and then release the Shift key to perform a full shutdown.

OR as you may know a restart is a complete shutdown.

IF the 2004 update is offered on updates as the item - feature update to 2004 when you are ready etc.
    The make sure beforte you click that - that you have clicked search for updates and install all - before trying 2004.

If that does not work clean boot it and then try the update
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    please follow the instructions carefully

Macboatmaster, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs

1. Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs - Similar Threads - Updated 2004 reverted

2. Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues: I recently updated to Windows ver 2004. Everything seems to have gone smoothly except... My older Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 opens fine, works for awhile and then I get a "program not responding". I also use a program called Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder and the same thing...
  3. Reverted from v. 2004 to 1903, install problems now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverted from v. 2004 to 1903, install problems now: I updated to latest windows 10 fall feature update, v. 2004. The update went fine, but I noticed some programs performing slowly and had some major graphics glitches. After checking that all my drivers for video were updated to latest and finding no improvement, I decided to...
  4. Reverted from v. 2004 to 1903, install problems now

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted from v. 2004 to 1903, install problems now: I updated to latest windows 10 fall feature update, v. 2004. The update went fine, but I noticed some programs performing slowly and had some major graphics glitches. After checking that all my drivers for video were updated to latest and finding no improvement, I decided to...
  5. I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 ,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 ,: Hi , I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 , 1. google not working Error code: STATUS_BREAKPOINT 2. Microsoft Edge This page is having Problem Try coming back to it latter You could also : Open a new tap Refresh this page 3. pdf.dll.deploy did not...
  6. Problem installing Feature update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Feature update 2004: I have tried 3 times to install the Feature update 2004 on my laptop. I get the error 0x800701b1 and have search for a solution. Most of the solutions talk about an external hard drive problem. That is not the case for me. I found one comment that said to run the bcdedit...
  7. Did you have problems with Win10 Update 2004 installed and gave problems?

Did you have problems with Win10 Update 2004 installed and gave problems?: Hello friends I use Win10 1909 so far with only a few problems which could be solved with a backup. Yesterday I was released the version of M$ 2004. After downloading and installing the system, I had massive trouble loading and later the system hung up completely at boot...
  8. W10 V 2004 safe to install?

W10 V 2004 safe to install?: Just rec'd, via Windows update, that a new features update 2004 is available to install. I've read various post saying it has lots of issues. So the question is should I just stay with V 1903 for the time being until I see more positive comments regarding the 2004 issues? I...
  9. problem updating an installed program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem updating an installed program: When updating an installed program, I get a message that a network resource is not available and the update stops. It asks for a path to the resource, but I can't find one....
  10. Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated to v. 2004 and now "Choose when updates..." option is missing: I just updated from version 1909 to version 2004 last night. This morning I looked at Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced options, and found that the "Choose when updates are installed" option is now missing. Was this change intentional, or is it a bug? I...