Windows 10: Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues

Discus and support Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently updated to Windows ver 2004. Everything seems to have gone smoothly except... My older Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 opens fine, works for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/katmack7, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues

I recently updated to Windows ver 2004. Everything seems to have gone smoothly except...

My older Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 opens fine, works for awhile and then I get a "program not responding". I also use a program called Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder and the same thing - works and then hangs.

Do you think it's just because these are older programs and not as compatible? Or is something else going on. Either way - any fixes? It's frustrating to have programs stop working in the middle of a job.

submitted by /u/katmack7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/katmack7, Nov 20, 2020

2. Older program not working after installing KB3163018 update on Windows 10.

Hi Fritz,

The above issue might occur due to incompatibility of the program with the update installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, which is the “older program” you are referring to in the above description?

I suggest you to install the program in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Install the device drivers manually in
    Compatibility mode.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file downloaded/saved on the PC and select
      Properties from the context menu.

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• After the installation is complete, restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from
      step 2
      from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of
      Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above questions and the status of compatibility of the older program installed on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft Edge vs Adobe Reader

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Control panel.

• Select Default Programs.

• Click on Adobe Reader and set that application as Default.
    If the issue persist follow the steps below.

• Open Default Program.

• Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

• Select any pdf file Extension.

• Click on Change program.

• Select Adobe Reader.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues

Downloading to Kobo with Adobe Digital Editions

Hi Roger,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the programs on Windows 10 operating system. You can try installing the program software in
    compatibility mode and check if the software works.

Follow the steps below to install the software in compatibility mode and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on similar issue and check if it helps:

Adobe Digital Editions

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

Unable to open .acsm file in Digital Editions because it tries to open in Adobe Reader

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query to Adobe support as they will be better equipped to help you with the above issue.

Digital Editions on Adobe Support Community

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues

1. Updated to Version 2004 and now some older Adobe programs have issues - Similar Threads - Updated Version 2004

2. just upgraded to older version of win. 10 and having issues updating to version 20H2. Any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just upgraded to older version of win. 10 and having issues updating to version 20H2. Any...: windows updates tries to install it but says it failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-upgraded-to-older-version-of-win-10-and/e9f61c39-72ba-4b6a-942b-c7739896e3de
  3. just upgraded to older version of win. 10 and having issues updating to version 20H2. Any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just upgraded to older version of win. 10 and having issues updating to version 20H2. Any...: windows updates tries to install it but says it failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-upgraded-to-older-version-of-win-10-and/e9f61c39-72ba-4b6a-942b-c7739896e3de
  4. just upgraded to older version of win. 10 and having issues updating to version 20H2. Any...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update version 2004

Update version 2004: Is the Newest update really Version 2004? I want my computer up to date! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-version-2004/485f944a-8627-4e77-bf31-8061778b2bcc
  6. Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs

Updated to v. 2004, reverted for performance, now having problems installing programs: I updated to latest windows 10 fall feature update, v. 2004. The update went fine, but I notices some programs performing slowly and major graphics glitches. After checking that all my drivers for video were updated to latest and finding no improvement, I decided to revert to...
  7. Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.: It has failed three times now. The download finishes and asks for restart. I restart, it gets to around 50-60% and restarts. However, when it comes back, the screen is just black. Nothing is happening, there is no video output, no sounds that would indicate it logged in to...
  8. Is this a version 2004 issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a version 2004 issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kyleo91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ieuufd/is_this_a_version_2004_issue/
  9. I'm having video issues after updating to Windows 10 version 2004.

I'm having video issues after updating to Windows 10 version 2004.: If I leave my HP laptop idle too long, the video starts flashing in and out and I have to reboot to stop it. It happens on all apps and screens. Anyone else see this?...
  10. Is it ok to use may 2004 update version because they say they have some issues in this update

Is it ok to use may 2004 update version because they say they have some issues in this update: my question is it ok to use may 2004 update version because they say they have some issues in this update . is it ok to use this version * Original title: jagadeesh...