Windows 10: Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account

Discus and support Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just updated through Windows Update to 20H2. I have only two accounts, both local. My primary login picture, name and sign-in screen come up as normal,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by happyheart, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account

Just updated through Windows Update to 20H2. I have only two accounts, both local. My primary login picture, name and sign-in screen come up as normal, but whether I enter my pin or password - it starts with 'Welcome' but immediately signs out. The other local account works just fine. But all my stuff is in my primary login. Please, how can I fix this?

:)

happyheart, Jul 26, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 26, 2021
  3. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account

1. Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account - Similar Threads - Updated 20H2 sign

2. Can't sign into my local windows account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into my local windows account.: I use 3 sign in methods, fingerprint, pin, and password, however fingerprint is the only working one. The password always shows as wrong, and when I go to type the pin, the cursor freezes and won't allow me to type. The local admin account which only uses a password still...
  3. Can't sign into my local windows account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into my local windows account.: I use 3 sign in methods, fingerprint, pin, and password, however fingerprint is the only working one. The password always shows as wrong, and when I go to type the pin, the cursor freezes and won't allow me to type. The local admin account which only uses a password still...
  4. Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated to Win 20H2 but can not sign in to my local account: Just updated through Windows Update to 20H2. I have only two accounts, both local. My primary login picture, name and sign-in screen come up as normal, but whether I enter my pin or password - it starts with 'Welcome' but immediately signs out. The other local account works...
  5. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  6. How to sign in to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sign in to a local account: When I go to Start>Settings>Accounts>My Info, the 'sign in with a local account instead' button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-to-a-local-account/f55fb102-ef11-4871-b38a-6831bd044fbd
  7. Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?

Can I sign in with a Microsoft account and keep my local account?: Or will it at least let me merge the two/keep my settings and files from my local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sign-in-with-a-microsoft-account-and-keep-my/5303135f-073a-4f4d-91ed-5f4deb347fd2
  8. Can't sign in with Local Account

Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...