Windows 10: Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function

Discus and support Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function. The 'ports' section of device manager has been removed in this version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CJSummers, Sep 14, 2020.

1. CJSummers Win User

Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function

Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function.

The 'ports' section of device manager has been removed in this version of windows, and the application I am using requires a COM port be associated with a USB device. Keyspan USB to Serial adapter - USA-19H

How does one go about adding a COM port to a USB device? I have attempted to 'add legacy device', however, nothing returns for USB Serial device. Also, there is no 'port' tab in the properties of these USB devices.

Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function cc7684b7-c106-4455-9948-c326da76c044?upload=true.jpg

:)

CJSummers, Sep 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Gib G Win User
    Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function

Serial Mouse via USB not detected

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 10 and my mouse no longer works. Its a specific adapted mouse (for disability) that connects via Serial (9-pin) into a Serial-USB converter cable. The converter cable gets detected ok (as Prolific Serial-USB Adapter) but the Serial mouse running on the end of it doesn't work/get detected.

In Windows 7 it works fine and needed no addition drivers other than the the Prolific adapter. Can I tell if Windows is detecting its presence? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Russ,

rustytulip, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function

1. Updated to Win10 version 1909 - now USB serial converter does not function - Similar Threads - Updated Win10 version

2. usb serial converter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb serial converter not working: rs232 serial to usb a prolific chipset cadapter not working after update i have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-converter-not-working/4a2cad08-13e9-48e1-80dd-55bda0e01a61
  3. usb serial converter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb serial converter not working: rs232 serial to usb a prolific chipset cadapter not working after update i have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-converter-not-working/4a2cad08-13e9-48e1-80dd-55bda0e01a61
  4. usb serial converter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't get USB to serial converter to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get USB to serial converter to work: Have a USB to serial converter. Windows says it won't start and to reload the driver. Do that and it says the correct driver is already installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-usb-to-serial-converter-to-work/1d2efa87-d2ed-4888-9c9d-6a3804b0e97e
  6. Can't get USB to serial converter to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get USB to serial converter to work: Have a USB to serial converter. Windows says it won't start and to reload the driver. Do that and it says the correct driver is already installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-usb-to-serial-converter-to-work/1d2efa87-d2ed-4888-9c9d-6a3804b0e97e
  7. AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error

AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error: I am trying to install a driver to use a camera I own. When I install the provided driver, windows installed tells me there is a newer version already installed and I cannot install the old one. The newer driver is not compatible and I need the old one, but I cannot find the...
  8. Windows10 V2004 / USB-Serial converter

Windows10 V2004 / USB-Serial converter: Since updating Windows 10 to version 2004, all of my customers have encountered problems with USB-Serial converters containing the PL2303 RA chip of Prolific. After each restart of the computer, the COM port which is correctly recognized in the device manager no longer works....
  9. Win10 update from version 1909 to version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 update from version 1909 to version 2004: submitted by /u/7secondstom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9ft4f/win10_update_from_version_1909_to_version_2004/
  10. Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update issues with Win10 Version 1909: Hi. I'm having an issue with the latest Windows Update. The following update will try to install, and then I get the error message listed below it, and then it will uninstall itself. It has done this virtually every time I turn off my PC for the last few weeks. 2020-2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MediaCreationTool19h