Windows 10: Updated to Windows 10 1903, connected to internet but no Windows apps work.

Discus and support Updated to Windows 10 1903, connected to internet but no Windows apps work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated to the 2019 Windows update 1903 because it said my current version was going to stop being supported. I was on such an old patch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillBridgewood, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Updated to Windows 10 1903, connected to internet but no Windows apps work.

I recently updated to the 2019 Windows update 1903 because it said my current version was going to stop being supported. I was on such an old patch because on 1809, this same thing was happening. The computer is connected to the internet and Chrome and most applications are using it fine. I'm writing this on said computer. But no stock Windows apps work at all. I can't check for updates, sign in to family stuff so I'm constantly getting notifications from that and I can't play any games or anything from the Microsoft Store. This is extremely frustrating on top of the fact that Windows in one of the updates to 1809 deactivated my Windows license and I've just been living with the activation watermark for the past 5 months.

:)

WillBridgewood, Aug 25, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Updated to Windows 10 1903, connected to internet but no Windows apps work. [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. EarthDog Win User

Updated to Windows 10 1903, connected to internet but no Windows apps work.

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Updated to Windows 10 1903, connected to internet but no Windows apps work.

1. Updated to Windows 10 1903, connected to internet but no Windows apps work. - Similar Threads - Updated 1903 connected

2. WIndows 10 apps not connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 apps not connecting to the internet: Hi, I have a surface book 2 and after a recent update, my windows 10 apps cannot connect to the internet. That means the store, Cortana, feedback hub, and any sign-in function. Also, I can't play any netherrealms game on steam which is MK11, MK10 and injustice. They all...
  3. Windows 10 apps not working on the Ethernet Windows 10 VPN internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 apps not working on the Ethernet Windows 10 VPN internet connection: Hi! I have a problem with using Windows 10 apps such as Microsoft Store, News, To Do, etc. It doesn't sync at all. When I try to open them it shows no internet connection. I have connected the internet with ethernet via Windows VPN I have no modem/router. From settings, I...
  4. Internet Not Working on Windows 10 Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Not Working on Windows 10 Apps: The internet was not working for any of my windows 10 apps. For example, my outlook, onenote and instagram was not working because of the internet. I have tried to use the troubleshooter for the wifi but it says it does not recognise the problem. Is there any way to manually...
  5. Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working: This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution. I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update. If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load one page,...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 1903 Update Issue - Microsoft apps/services not working or connecting to the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 Update Issue - Microsoft apps/services not working or connecting to the...: Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro OS to the 1903 update. Everything seemed to go smoothly, for the most part, but then I noticed that none of my Microsoft enabled apps/services are working - for example, my Edge won't connect to the internet, my Mail won't load my...
  7. 1903 upgrade - connected, no internet

1903 upgrade - connected, no internet: Hi people, I'm litterally hitting my head against the wall after the last upgrade. Some backstory: we're talking here about an hold custom made desktop pc, originally sold with Windows 7. It was upgraded and working smoothly until some version of windows that could be 1703...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working: This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution ASAP... I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update. If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load...
  9. Windows apps not connecting to internet.

Windows apps not connecting to internet.: Only apps owned by windows like EDGE, STORE, NEWS, MAP, SPORTS etc are not connecting to internet, everything else(All third party apps) is working just fine. This is windows 10 PC....
  10. Windows 10 apps are not connecting to Internet

Windows 10 apps are not connecting to Internet: I updated my sys to windows 10 one month ago. I had a smooth experience on network accessing but now my system internal apps are not connecting to internet(like windows store, Maps, sports, Food & drink etc). But I can able to browse using browsers(browsers are connecting to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 no internet

2. windows 10 1903 update no internet

3. windows 10 1903 says no internet but its working